Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:55:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeatherpunk Prime: Sci-fi Action-platformer with agile character
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Featherpunk Prime: Sci-fi Action-platformer with agile character  (Read 623 times)
SuperHatchGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for downloading the latest build of Featherpunk Prime! We hope you enjoy playing it and would love to hear your feedback.

> Download link <
(Use at the top of the page )

The kind of thing we’d like to hear about:

• What you liked
  • What you didn’t like
  • Is there anything that you’d like us to expand on?
  • Any weapons you would particularly like to see added?
  • Any special moves or power ups you would particularly like to see added?
  • Which floor did you reach?
  • What do you think of the overall difficulty?

You can contact us at:
[email protected]

Playtesters will of course be credited! We'd very much appreciate you spending time with the game.

Featherpunk Prime is twin-stick action platformer. It is best played with a joypad, but there is an option in the Main Menu to turn on Keyboard and Mouse controls. More on controls can be found in the readme.txt in the zip folder.

The aim of the game is to get to the top of the tower. Every 10th floor is a boss fight! Defeated bosses give you a checkpoint - you can then skip to this floor on your next run if you like (or enter at a lower floor to grind and loot, it’s up to you!).

You can upgrade your Robo-Flamingo! To buy upgrades, collect Tekcells from killed enemies and eggs. When you exit a floor, the credits you have collected in that floor are converted into your ‘bank’. You can then spend these in the upgrade menu, which is accessed by pressing pause.

If you are killed, you will lose all the Tekcells you collected on that floor and respawn in the basehub. The computer screen on the left of the Basehub will contain stats and bonuses in the final game - for now it is not functional. Go to the lift on the right of the basehub to enter the tower again.

Notes:

• The final game will comprise 60 floors, with every 10th floors being a boss fight
  • The demo cycles between two environments. There will be 6 in the final game; one for each 10 floors.
  • Sound FX and music are work in progress.

Steam Greenlight
If you enjoy this demo, please vote for us on Steam Greenlight here. We appreciate your support!

Rezzed
We will be at EGX Rezzed in London on April 6th-9th. If you are going to the show come we’d love for you to come and play the latest version and talk to us about the game. Or how awesome flamingos are.

Links

www.superhatchgames.com
Facebook
Twitter
DevLog thread
IndieDB

Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:24:26 AM by SuperHatchGames » Logged

SuperHatchGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:08:47 AM »

Hey!

We recently took the game to a show here in the UK. If you'd like to give the demo we took a go here it is!
http://superhatchgames.azurewebsites.net/Builds/FeatherpunkPrime-RezzedDemo.zip

Dan

th3shark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:25:03 PM »

The graphics and sound effects were pretty good.  I especially like how the feet are angled when on slopes.  The controls are solid too.  I tried it on mouse and keyboard.  For controllers I only have a DS4 available and didn't want to go through the recommended process on setting it up.  If it's not too late, I suggest using the InControl extension for Unity that makes implementation of all standard controllers very easy.

Honestly I wasn't having that much fun with the game, and I think it's in part because of the level design.  It doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to the ways enemies or platforms are positioned.  It felt like the floors were randomly generated (if they actually are randomly generated, they probably shouldn't be).  I never felt like the wall jump and double jump had to be used in creative ways.

Fighting enemies felt boring.  Many enemies will just attack the the same direction, not aimed toward the player.  My strategy to defeat these guys was to find a blind spot where my 360 degree range weapon could hit them, but they couldn't hit me.  Then I stand still and shoot until they died.  Even the enemies that did target me felt a bit too easy.  I never felt the need to switch from the default pistol weapon either.  It's possible I didn't see all the enemies though.

Since it's the game is in an early state I didn't mention obvious problems, like the occasional missing sound effect.  But it didn't feel that fun or engaging.  This game has potential but more thought needs to go into how the levels are designed.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic