Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:20:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPunch Kings - 2D arcade brawler'esque[Gif heavy]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Punch Kings - 2D arcade brawler'esque[Gif heavy]  (Read 6720 times)
miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 12:08:46 AM »

Aw gawd, this looks cute as hell.
Following this.  Waaagh!
lobstersteve
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »

A rayumi game - gonna be great for sure Smiley
Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 07:26:37 AM »

Thanks guys! ^^

Made some lazers with a whole bunch bunch of patterns. A few more enemies and I'll be able to work on the actual difficulty curve of the level.

Louard
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 07:40:57 AM »

This look FANTASTIC! I am adoring the look, colours, animation.. All of it!
Also, I really dig how you've got enemies turning grey when they are defeated. It's a great cue to stop punching and move on.

-Louard
louardongames.blogspot.com
Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 07:47:46 PM »

This look FANTASTIC! I am adoring the look, colours, animation.. All of it!
Also, I really dig how you've got enemies turning grey when they are defeated. It's a great cue to stop punching and move on.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to create as much feedback, so the player could see what's happening clearly. It gets pretty tough pushing out all the animations though.

---

Also.. working on some animations for a tough enemy. I aptly named him Fluffy! He's supposed to bang the ground with his soft fists and dangerous stuff will happen.

Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 11:11:17 PM »

Got Fluffy in action! He still lacks a proper death sequence.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 06:19:09 AM »

omg Fluffy attack is so cute~
Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »

Made a hopping enemy. It currently cannot hurt you, but they're supposed to  kill you on touch. I will probably add spikes to signify that.

Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »

Made a kitty cannon. The only thing left is to revise the "slime" enemy and I'll be able to continue working on the enemy waves.

Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »

Hey guys! I haven't posted a bit so here's what I've been up to.

Slime Revamped:
Remember the slime? I've updated the slime into "Digbear". I felt there was some "impact" missing from the slime, both in the visuals and gameplay.  It feels so much better now.

Enemy Spawns:
Currently enemies/hazards are spawned through a set of waves based on the amount of points the player has.  After each enemy is dealt with, a new wave spawns in. Initially, this was supposed to make sure a plethora of enemies won't lag the game on mobile. (specifically some slower android devices.)

UI Changes:
I've slacked off for the longest time, but I've managed to add a pause menu in-game! :D Anyways, I've also modified the UI buttons so it's more "clean". These aren't completely finished yet since they're still missing some "prize/gift" machine buttons for gold tickets and such.

Note: I do not have the old version of this, but you can imagine it having the same style buttons as the old pic above.

Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:40 PM »

Updates:
I've added a new enemy "Bombi".  For now, the outline is being used, but I'm still unsure which one looks better. The enemy runs back and forth until it bumps into you and explodes.

WIP Scroll menu for character selection:
Based on how far the menu item is from the center, it fades and lowers slightly creating an arc. I've also made it snap to the closest menu item.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic