Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:22:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIllunya, Freezing Hearts, Keys to Moonspire - RIP
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Illunya, Freezing Hearts, Keys to Moonspire - RIP  (Read 6179 times)
breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2016, 06:37:09 AM »

New topic: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59340.0
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:54:29 AM by eidobunny » Logged

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »

This looks amazing!  And it's great that you're doing the soundtrack too.  As a composer myself, I can totally agree with you on the harp being a favorite instrument.  I use harp in so many of my compositions.  It's just an amazing instrument!

TooKindStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 01:44:31 AM »

This looks great!
I'll give you two pieces of advice about your kickstarter :
- Make the demo version as good as possible. This will be how people will perceive your game, and this will how they will decide whether or not they'll give you their money.
- Don't hesitate to create a trailer for the KS. People who don't have the time to play the demo will watch the video. If it's good enough, they'll give you money.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 02:10:31 AM »

Ah that main character is so cute! Though I'm a sucker for pale girls with cool hair Tongue

Following this for sure!

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:14:23 AM »

This looks great!
I'll give you two pieces of advice about your kickstarter :
- Make the demo version as good as possible. This will be how people will perceive your game, and this will how they will decide whether or not they'll give you their money.
- Don't hesitate to create a trailer for the KS. People who don't have the time to play the demo will watch the video. If it's good enough, they'll give you money.

Thank you!

Yes the demo area will be pretty close to final in terms of quality. I realize that anyone who plays the demo is not going to settle for "but it will be better!" that's why I'm taking so long to get the Kickstarter going. I will also be doing a video, I originally planned on an animation with voice acting but that's a bit up in the air right now, I will definitely have gameplay footage in the video though. I already have the Kickstarter drafted it's just a matter of getting the demo out before I can launch it.

I appreciate your advice!

And thanks for the kind words everyone! Now I'm off to generate more content!

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
YellowChord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 06:24:02 AM »

This game looks great! The art style is iconic and polished and I can't wait to see what you do with the music. Smiley

Can't wait to see where this goes!

Troy
@YellowChord

AnotherPlace
Level 0

Seize The Day

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 09:29:17 AM »

Environment sort of reminds me of Fez. I love Fez's aesthetic appeal so well done 

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »

Thank you! The areas have been planned but I haven't done much on the side of environment production yet. Fez is definitely my biggest inspiration for the game so the final environment will definitely take a lot of influence from there, though I still have to see what direction I want to really go in for the final product. It might be more organic than Fez and have more background work but I'm going to try to capture the bold iconic simple shape language at the same time. Environment work starts next month after fundamental animations are done, so we'll see where we end up!

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
AnotherPlace
Level 0

Seize The Day

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »

Excellent, sounds good. I have subscribed and am looking forward to further developments Smiley

MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 09:09:43 AM »

Looks good! Posting to follow.

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 09:37:05 PM »

[[EDIT: This art is antiquated and no longer represents the current state of the game]]

So I finally finished another promo art piece! I was actually just concepting the demo area and it turned into a big painting to help me promote the game in the future, and it turned out great!

I also decided to do a redesign of the pixel art. It's in the OP but it's still unanimated. I'll be working on new animations and a write-up about why I chose to redesign the pixel art next week, I have to get ready for a convention tomorrow so no time for that now.

Here are the two promo arts at a decently high resolution:

http://eidobunny.deviantart.com/art/Illunya-December-and-Moonlight-598537161

http://eidobunny.deviantart.com/art/december-and-moonlight-in-the-mire-610066376
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:52:02 PM by eidobunny » Logged

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »

[[EDIT: This is an old pixel art of the old December design. Keeping it here for archival purposes.]]

Redesign is in full swing! I'm so happy with the new pixel art it's ridiculous. Moving on to get more and more of the demo done!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:54:34 PM by eidobunny » Logged

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »

Love the redesign. So much more personality already.

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »

Thanks a bunch! I did the first animations, started building my Twitter, and all of a sudden my Twitter feed was full of mindblowingly awesome art and animations! I had to reflect on the quality and direction of my own art and take the time to improve before settling on a design for the rest of the game. I'm really going to get rolling in a few days here now that I've got a bunch of backend stuff out of the way like concepts, research, programming, etc.  It's definitely been tough deciding on a direction but I think it's really coming together behind the scenes finally. I think once I put out a section of the finished environment people will really start to get excited about this project!

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 05:17:09 AM »

Pixel art looks very promising. Im awaiting for some gameplay Smiley

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 08:34:52 AM »

Pixel art looks very promising. Im awaiting for some gameplay Smiley

Thank you! I'm really excited to work on realizing the environments in pixel art but this week my followers are asking for more concept art so I'm going to work on fleshing out the ideas for the environments before pixelizing them Smiley

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »

I'm just curious, how/when will you launch the demo?  I mean, if the main purpose is to get followers, then the demo could be released any time (of course, as mentioned before with a representative quality of the final game).  But if you plan to also run a Kickstarter, then I wonder if it would be better to release the demo near the Kickstarter launch date.  That way you can have a link in the game for the Kickstarter so people will definitely see it unlike if you release the demo earlier.  I guess exact launch date may not be necessary (though it may help) as long as e-mail newsletter and other ways of social media links are mentioned where people could follow.

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »

Thank you for the post! I will be launching the demo 2-3 months in advance of the Kickstarter. It should give me time to listen to feedback, implement changes, fix bugs, work on the Kickstarter campaign, and contact press in advance. I don't know when the Kickstarter will occur yet. I'm going to shoot for earlier and delay if needed, should keep me focused and motivated on reaching goals. Right now that "optimistic goal" is Feb-May 2017 which would put the demo between Dec 2016-Mar 2017. The delay goal would be Oct 2017 for the Kickstarter and Aug 2017 for the demo, but I'm going to do everything in my power to hit the optimistic dates.

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 09:45:13 AM »

Sounds good!  Good luck! Smiley

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »

I've completely redesigned December and her debut is... today!

I felt that her design was interesting, but not interesting enough!

I wanted to take her in a direction that was bold and unique, so she was worthy of being the protagonist of Freezing Hearts Keys to Moonspire!

[[EDIT: Removed a bunch of old flavor text that wasn't relevant anymore.]]

(Full resolution: http://eidobunny.deviantart.com/art/December-Halfdrake-Ice-Sorceress-630358474)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:01:04 PM by eidobunny » Logged

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic