Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:21:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHyrule Warrior Legends
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hyrule Warrior Legends  (Read 906 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »

At first I thought the game was really laggy, but then I realized that I forgot to turn off the 3D. Otherwise, it's a good game.

Will post more once I get into the meat of the game.

Edit:

Alright, this game is interesting, but it's also a bit weird. Basically, this game is a strategy game, except instead of making decisions based on unit compositions and ground advantage and such things, you hack and slash in order to capture keeps, which are basically control points. It's like you're playing a simplified risk, but instead of rolling dice against enemy units, you play as a superpowerful hero in order to affect the game. It's fun, but it's also very repetitive, and the combos don't matter much. I wish crowd control had more depth of play, but you can't have everything I guess.

The Zelda fanservice is, well, fanservice. Every major character from the entire series is here, and they all have their "unique" play style. I'm putting that in quotation marks because there's only so many ways that you can vary "attack the enemy crows until every one of them is dead". Plus, there's the whole Linkle subplot, which is kind of interesting as a concept. A character that believes they are the reincarnated hero. I can't believe this has never been done in a Zelda game before, because the franchise it perfect for it.

There's also other game modes besides story. there is a mode that allows you to replay any chapter with the character of your choice, a mode which is reminiscent of old school Zelda but which I have not tried yet, and  you can even raise fairies ala Chao garden, though I haven't unlocked it yet, so I can't really give you a detailed summary of it. Anyways, that's it for now. Who else got this game anyways? Not many people I'm guessing. It IS a very strange game to release after all.

Also, as suggested by a respected member of this community:
DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:04:57 PM by ProgramGamer » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »

Wow no one cares about this game huh.

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »

I want to play it for Linkle but I don't think I want to buy the game itself right now
TooKindStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 05:58:21 AM »

@quan : you can buy Linkle as a DLC for the wii u version this summer Smiley

Hyrule Warriors was great. This port is good for people who don't own a Wii U. But i think they've done a great job porting this game to a device such as the 3DS.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 07:59:21 AM »

i heard it has framerate issues, is dis tru?
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 08:35:39 AM »

Framerate issues only happen on old 3DS and when you have the  3D enabled on the New 3DS. As long as you disable the 3D and you have a N3DS you'll be good.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 08:37:01 AM »

also assuming i wanted to play this (not sure right now, i don't really like dynasty warriors), should i get it for wii u or 3ds?

also im kinda ashamed to say that if i ever buy musou game again, i'd rather get hyrule warriors than the newest dynasty warriors. "chinese history? who needs that? give me my dum nintendo characters pls"  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:43:02 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:37 AM »

The 3DS version has more content, and you can switch characters on the fly in it. I give this game the official otter seal of a proval.

JWK5
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »

This reminds me, I need to get Dragon Quest Heroes.

I NEED TO!!! Crazy
Dragonmaw
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »

At first I thought the game was really laggy, but then I realized that I forgot to turn off the 3D. Otherwise, it's a good game.

Will post more once I get into the meat of the game.

Edit:

Alright, this game is interesting, but it's also a bit weird. Basically, this game is a strategy game, except instead of making decisions based on unit compositions and ground advantage and such things, you hack and slash in order to capture keeps, which are basically control points. It's like you're playing a simplified risk, but instead of rolling dice against enemy units, you play as a superpowerful hero in order to affect the game. It's fun, but it's also very repetitive, and the combos don't matter much. I wish crowd control had more depth of play, but you can't have everything I guess.

The Zelda fanservice is, well, fanservice. Every major character from the entire series is here, and they all have their "unique" play style. I'm putting that in quotation marks because there's only so many ways that you can vary "attack the enemy crows until every one of them is dead". Plus, there's the whole Linkle subplot, which is kind of interesting as a concept. A character that believes they are the reincarnated hero. I can't believe this has never been done in a Zelda game before, because the franchise it perfect for it.

There's also other game modes besides story. there is a mode that allows you to replay any chapter with the character of your choice, a mode which is reminiscent of old school Zelda but which I have not tried yet, and  you can even raise fairies ala Chao garden, though I haven't unlocked it yet, so I can't really give you a detailed summary of it. Anyways, that's it for now. Who else got this game anyways? Not many people I'm guessing. It IS a very strange game to release after all.

i'm guessing you've never played a dynasty warriors game
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »

Nope, but I know that this game takes most of its mechanics from that series. I was just reacting to the game from my perspective. I should probably have slipped in something about dynasty warriors in the op...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »

basically just put this in the OP

DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS DYNASTY WARRIORS DIE NASTY WARRIORS
that should suffice
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

basically just put this in the OP

that should suffice
Maybe I will.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »

good
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: