Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:31:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)BrushTone v1.2.2: Accessible Paint Tool for the Blind
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BrushTone v1.2.2: Accessible Paint Tool for the Blind  (Read 680 times)
Magurp244
« on: March 26, 2016, 09:11:38 PM »

Heh, i'm sure most people who come through here can find better visual tools for their needs, but I thought i'd share if anyone has an interest. Wink

As the title suggests, BrushTone is a paint tool i've developed for the visually impared that allows users to view, modify, and create images purely using sound. It works by breaking down an image into its component RGB data, when moving over a pixel it plays 3 sequential beeps with the pitch of each beep representing how high or low each RGB value is. It also comes equipped with a window scan feature that pans the cursor across the window, an Image to Sound rendering mode based on an algorithm by Peter Meijer, and Braille Display support via screen reader.

It also comes with a variety of tools and functions, including but not limited to: Pencil, Line, Square, Filled Square, Circle, Filled Circle, Flood Fill, Select, Cut, Copy, Paste, Flip, Rotate, Stretch, Skew, Invert Colors, Grey Scale, Adjust RGB, Cycle Colors, RGB Explode, RGB Condense, Slice, Stitch, and Alpha Channels with an Alpha Paint Mode.

Supported formats include PNG, BMP, JPG, and GIF (it can load but not save GIF's). You can find it right over here: BrushTone v1.2.2

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic