Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:39:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsArsenic Cookies
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Arsenic Cookies  (Read 7245 times)
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »

Hoorah! I got the first (extremely small) alpha up!  Beer! Thank you Martin Piecyk's Platform engine!
Anyway, now to spend unreasonable amounts of time crafting many distinct storylines, and drawing the enviro on graph paper!

Fuzz
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 12:09:12 PM »

Hoorah! I got the first (extremely small) alpha up!  Beer! Thank you Martin Piecyk's Platform engine!
Anyway, now to spend unreasonable amounts of time crafting many distinct storylines, and drawing the enviro on graph paper!
Could you post the alpha, or is that just for testers?
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »

Could you post the alpha, or is that just for testers?
No. It's just for my 7 beta testers. Sorries.

Sankar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »

You said you were needing some musicians.

Maybe you'll find something you like in my songs: http://cuzone.newgrounds.com/audio/ , and of course we can talk about making some specific songs to your project, if you have something in mind that my material already don't cover.

Anyway, good luck man!
The project is looking moody Smiley

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 06:47:06 AM »

If you need sounds, ducks are friendly animals you could use as enemies; I could record myself making duck sounds.
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 06:59:29 AM »

You should make a special room that everyone keeps telling you to go in. When you finally go in, it is totally dark and you can hear shifting about in the room. You scream, and then the lights turn on, and your friends are throwing you a surprise birthday party. Your happiness level goes so far up that the whole world turns to color, and giant YOU LOSE letters pop up on the screen. The game abruptly cuts back to the title screen as you blow out your candles Smiley

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 02:53:29 AM »

THIS IS NOT DEAD!!!

I've learended so much since I started, I'm actually making progress.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »

I'm using my powers of necromancy to revive this thread!
Why'd this thread die? I thought it was a pretty awesome game.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

Well men, I've spent the last week GETTING SHIT DONE with planning and whatnot, so I can just sit done and make this, without feature creep or anything.

ETA 2 weeks.

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 01:13:25 PM »

I'm liking the look there, with the darker grey background pieces. Very visually appealing, while keeping it simplistic.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 07:58:32 AM »

I've been having trouble with this. Again. I won't bother you with too many details, but making a huge 2d world with 3 colors is difficult. Beyond my meager game design level anyway.

What I've decided to do, however, is to make the game level based. Before you yell at me, each level is still going to be big and open. The game will still be focused on exploration. Levels will give me some freedom to experiment with different ideas, without overusing it, or having it be limited to a very small area of a world. Much akin to SMB3, really.

Anyway, major design choices are going on, so I don't really have an ETA for you at this point in time.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic