Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412109 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 28, 2024, 10:57:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat Genres sell in independent music?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What Genres sell in independent music?  (Read 551 times)
SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »

For a little over the past year, I have been on a progressive metal writing binge. I attempted to sell an E.P in that genre with little success. I'll link to it below.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-kauble/sets/mechanized-supremecy

Given the failure that this E.P was sales wise, I'm a little apprehensive about jumping back on the horse in that same Genre. I don't want to spend another year writing an album that wont sell. What Genres are hotspots for independent music these days? Given my lack of vocal ability, it will almost have to be instrumental.

Thanks again for the advice,

Jacob Kauble
cynicus
Level 0

hey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 08:08:50 AM »

My knowledge on the industry isn't exactly extensive, but I know my fair share, out of curiosity, what is stopping you going to a label? Why does it have to be independent?

Sound is my kinda thing
Portfolio | Twitter
SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 09:22:41 AM »

My knowledge on the industry isn't exactly extensive, but I know my fair share, out of curiosity, what is stopping you going to a label? Why does it have to be independent?

Well I guess I never considered it because I use only vsts. I'm not aware of any labels that would sign someone who does what I do. Though I would LOVE to go that route. Do you know of any labels?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic