Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:28:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignLast Legend
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Last Legend  (Read 1310 times)
BeTeslohan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »

Hey everyone, the name's Belmont! :D

Last Legend is a competitive F2P game I wanted to make as my first commercial project. I'm intentionally making the scope of the project small, with room to grow through regular updates if it gains a substantial following to justify the extra TLC. Last Legend's primary focus will be on delivering a satisfying dungeon-crafting and dungeon-crawling experience to the player. Instead of making the plot generic and cliche, I've decided to make Last Legend filled with as many tropes as humanly possible, a game that playfully makes fun of its jrpg archetypes. Since I'm putting gameplay first, I felt that sticking with a comedic plot that didn't take itself seriously would be for the best. (The key-items are even called guffins!).

There are two factions in this game. If you side with the protagonists, then you'll assume the role of Sage. The sage is a treasure-loving, self-proclaimed goddess who creates spells and teaches them to "worthy adventurers who are destined to fulfill the prophecy". The point of the game is to find the guffins hidden within the Darkest Lord's Palace of Certain Demise. (The final guffin is found within the Darkest Lord's magic scepter, so slaying this final boss himself is always required). The player does NOT play as the adventurer, they can only prepare them and hope for the best.

The other faction allows you to assume the mantle of Darkest Lord, where you'll create the most treacherous dungeon of all time. Not only will you choose the layouts, room-types and traps. You'll also decide which monsters to conjure from the underworld to do your bidding. Just don't get too carried away, you're required to provide loot relative to the dungeon's difficulty. If you allow them to collect too many guffins before your fight, you may find yourself easily slain!

The player will be able to design dungeons and adventurers with custom loadouts. Then, the player can play-test their dungeons by sending their heroes to check their difficulty.

There will be no advertisements or in-app purchases, despite being a F2P game. The catch? There is going to be a cash-prize during every competitive season. You can pay a fee to have your dungeon featured on the website. You can also pay a fee to send your adventurers to raid the dungeons submitted by the other players. There will be two cash-prizes of equal value for both sides.

If your submitted dungeon has the lowest score at the end of the season, you win the grand prize. (If an adventurer gets a highscore on your dungeon, that means they did well. As the Darkest Lord, you do NOT want adventurers to have high scores) Once the most difficult dungeon has been found, if your adventurer scored the highest score on the hardest dungeon, you also win the grand prize. So what do you guys think? This is a game that will cater to strategy roleplayers, so I'm not expecting it to be critically acclaimed because it's a niche target-audience.

Feedback is always welcome. : )

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic