Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:55:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionMelly's Game-a-day entries! (Change of plans)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Melly's Game-a-day entries! (Change of plans)  (Read 7721 times)
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »

And, for some weird reason, the bullets would go FASTER than the one shooting it.

Actually, if the second-stage bullets had some sort of propulsion of their own (contained in the first bullet, I guess), this is exactly what would happen, because the second stage is already traveling as fast as the first stage, so any added force would make it go even faster, and it would be easier to push the second stage along because there's less weight to push. I believe this is the basic reasoning behind multi-stage spaceborne rockets.

Still, I understood you weren't being realistic, I was just running with it. Smiley

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »

I have decided that I'll try and make a game about each of these suggetions, starting tomorrow, one game a day.

Fear.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »

Epic.

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 11:02:55 PM »

OH MAN!

Go Melly!  Hand Shake Left Well, hello there! Hand Shake Right

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 11:24:15 PM »

I also promise I will post whatever unplayable mess comes out of each of these attempts.

I'll also probably reuse code and assets from previous games into the later ones. Maybe the last game will actually be good!

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »

TONIGHT'S GAME IS:

The CrabWalker Pokemon Catcher.

I'll post it later tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on where you live.

(Shoot me more ideas people!)

KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »

First of all, yay!

Okay, now for another middle-of-the-night-idea-from-my-rapidly-sinking-tired-out-brain. Brain storming time... Even though it's too late for me to have a brain...

Idea:
You are a fly. You must seek as many poop piles to inject with eggs as possible for the rest of your limited lifetime while avoiding the deadly phantom, known as the Headless Horsefly, who seeks to cut your life shorter than it already is! AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Idea:
Okay, this time, the cockpit in the game is your school desk. You must use the various weapons/tools (i.e. eraser pieces, pencils, paper airplanes, old rotting food, etc.) available on/in your school desk to torment your teacher who is walking back and forth writing boring stuff on the chalkboard. Keep in mind that this teacher is just WAITING to get some evidence on you and have you sent to the office (oh noes), so you have to be careful to attack the teacher while he/she is looking at the chalk board, or somewhere else, so that he/she has no evidence to support their suspicions. There's another hazard... The teacher's pet... You can't have him/her seeing you in action either, but if they do happen to catch you, you can spend some points (earned by attacking the teacher successfully) to bribe them not to say anything.

I'm only writing this total crap for you Melly, so GO GO GO! YOU CAN DO IT! Hand Shake LeftWTFHand Shake Right

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

Sorry guys, Annabelle needs some help, so she let me try to make her a platforming engine to see if I'm up to speed for her cockpit idea, which is FAR better than anything I could come up with.

Sorry if you guys were really expecting this. If I don't get picked I'll get back to the challenge, otherwise you may just see Abyss Mine by me instead. Grin

Wish me luck!

KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 07:43:52 PM »

I'd much rather see you working on Abyss Mine if you can than any of my silly brain farts ideas, so go for it! Grin

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »

go Melly. Run!!!! Don't look back!  Cry
Reecer6
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 04:18:44 PM »

I have an idea! You play several objects, from a tree to a wheel, and cause mischief all over teh house, town, even the world!
Fuzz
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 04:51:05 PM »

Melly's working on Abyss Mine. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic