Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:34:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPress Emails for Greenlight/Kickstarter - How To Draft In Advance?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Press Emails for Greenlight/Kickstarter - How To Draft In Advance?  (Read 744 times)
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »

Our game's Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight pages are launching April 5th, so I set today aside to draft and schedule all our press emails to go out Tuesday morning. Thing is... The Greenlight & Kickstarter campaigns aren't live yet. Both platforms provide you with a "feedback" unpublished link, but do those links auto forward folks to the LIVE KS & Greenlight pages once they're published? If not, how do you manage to get all press emails out BEFORE the launch?

IMBizMan316
Level 0

A member of the notorious Korean cult, Fakedice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 09:38:11 PM »

Our game's Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight pages are launching April 5th, so I set today aside to draft and schedule all our press emails to go out Tuesday morning. Thing is... The Greenlight & Kickstarter campaigns aren't live yet. Both platforms provide you with a "feedback" unpublished link, but do those links auto forward folks to the LIVE KS & Greenlight pages once they're published? If not, how do you manage to get all press emails out BEFORE the launch?
I think Kickstarter page does, because I just tried our old preview link (For your reference, here's the preview link), and it took me to our KS page (which we launched awhile ago).  Not sure about Greenlight though.

The game I'm working on -> Dicetiny on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/318090
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 08:33:59 AM »

Welp, for those wondering: The Kickstarter feedback URL does indeed forward to the new published URL once you make your campaign go live. For Greenlight I didn't notice if the URL changed before/after I published it so I'm afraid I can't help there.

And hey, since I've got you here...

Arcadian Atlas is on KICKSTARTER & STEAM GREENLIGHT now

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »

Good luck with your campaign, the game seems great!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »

Thank you Fenrir!

We are learning a lot during this process. I did extensive research on Kickstarters and building a community the full year & a half we were getting Arcadian Atlas ready for crowdfunding, and it's crazy to see how some of the advice I got is now outdated or ineffective. I think I could probably write a book on this stuff by the end of the campaign! Fingers crossed I have enough tricks & surprises up my sleeve to get this game funded, but it's honestly up in the air right now!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:37:39 PM »

My best advice for you would be to not only contact current projects for cross promotion but also funded ones (check their update rate before to see if they're likely to do a new update soon). It's how we get most backers for our campaign (being promoted on a Divinity 2 update was a big boost for us). For instance we're about to do an update, hehe... Smiley

Anyway with your start it won't be problem to get funded, it's just a formality now!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic