Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:32:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Book of Invasions - Adventure JRPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Book of Invasions - Adventure JRPG  (Read 1356 times)
UaSirideain
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:15:37 PM »

The Book of Invasions is a turn-based JRPG with adventure elements. It's set in Bronze Age Mythological Ireland, and features a complex battle system designed around combos and deck construction, not unlike Magic the Gathering.

• Character progression is level-less; new skills wont outdate your old skills
  • 18 lead characters
  • Over 200 unique skills
  • Based on one of the oldest Celtic Myths
  • No grinding!

And sure, here's a sad song from the soundtrack.

Thank you for reading my Devlog. I love you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:55:11 PM by UaSirideain » Logged
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:57 AM »

The font is a wee bit wierd. some letters are strange, like the "t". Just look at "regret" and you kinda know what i mean.

Yeah.
UaSirideain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 01:52:46 PM »

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll change it up now. I had a feeling other people mightn't find it as readable, so it's good to get confirmation.
UaSirideain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 01:34:41 PM »

So I've revamped the art direction. I want something more bold and stylised than what I was originally going for. Pretty much just a dump of the latest environment I've been working on, while I'm switching my current scripts over to C#.

Skellapeal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »

I haven't seen this since the art changes, loving the Ogham stone and the lighting!

Redux Links: devlogs
UaSirideain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

I would have liked to spend more time polishing my animations over the last week, but I’ve had to spend all my time finding the most elegant way to get my battle system communicating with Unity’s Mecanim system. I’m not a fan of this event-driven state-machine stuff. I can tell it what to do, sure, but it’s impossible to read information back from it. It’s like giving general directions to a mute, and then trying to anticipate their exact movements.

On top of that, if I want each skill in my battle system to have a unique animation (I do), then Unity insists that I have a billion different states in the animator’s state-machine. I don’t like that, so instead, I have each skill instantiating a new override controller to the active character, before it overwrites the last animation clip assigned to the “skill” state.

The main point, at least, is that I have something that helps me visualise what's happening behind the scenes now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic