Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:06:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSEXY Worm Slayer - PUNISHING, intense, action sidescroller with 3D graphics
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SEXY Worm Slayer - PUNISHING, intense, action sidescroller with 3D graphics  (Read 10688 times)
j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:26 PM »

Seems like there's gonna be some good humor in this  Cheesy Grin Its funny how I just now got my custom character controller into the engine. It seems like yours is in the early stage s like mine as well.

Yep I'm going for a quirky sense of humor, some visual gags and absurd scenarios.

Right now I'm cranking out particles in Unity, hoping for a nice update by week's end.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 01:47:09 AM »

I've got the death animations finished on 4 out of 6 worms done.

Once I'm done with that, I can touch up the collisions and start setting up some levels and move along with more complicated gameplay modes.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 12:42:08 PM »

Finished the uppercut death animation! Damn this one was fun to make. I could spend forever on these animations, but I gotta keep pushing forward. One more death animation left, then I can start progressing on more gameplay work.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 11:03:11 PM »

Well I had a little hiccup with updates, been distracted. I managed to get some feedback from testers and I had to change some hitboxes and timing.

I started playing around with Unity's terrain component, holy hell! What a great tool, I will be using it to make all my levels for this game, it's especially great for simple organic environments like mine. I have the core game mechanic solid so my next steps will be:
1) Fully flesh out the graphics for level design
2) Create a proper level flow with deliberate pattern design and progression.
3) Touchup all UI/basic mechanics such as saving, pause, menus, etc
4) Work on a few more gameplay modes

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »

Hello guys.
I have been working on more elements for the level design to flesh it out.
I now have all the core pieces in place for my basic level designs. I could finish the game with what I have, but I'm going to add a few more gameplay mechanics to spice it up. I think the next element will be a running segment.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 11:41:36 PM »

Hello fellow indies.

Back with another update. I feel pretty solid with the targeting attack mechanic, so I have started the 2nd mechanic, the Run 'n Jump platforming section of the game. I will be interspersing the game with these levels to keep it FRESH and FUNKY. I will be re-using the same worm because frankly, it takes too much damn time to keep making new enemies and animations! But I will be putting a lot more animation/detail/texture into this guy, and maybe having him evolve as the game goes on. Ending in a spectacular death sequence! For now, I'm naming him Donald the Diva because his mouth and tiny hands reminds me of Donald Trump!

More to come next week. Pretty tired after doing all this work this weekend.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:18:23 AM by j-swan » Logged

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 03:02:49 AM »

BACK with another delayed update.
Man how time is flying, can't believe my last one was 3 weeks ago...anyway I have put lots of hours into finishing up this running platform mechanic and it's almost done. There are a few player actions that I need to add in to make the levels more dynamic (I will be making a sliding move and running attack to kill worms). However all the building blocks are here to crank out some fun levels!

Here's the video of the past weeks of work.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »

Slowly but surely making steady progress.
I have been putting a lot of hours into making a functioning level hub.
I wanted the graphics to look nicer, but its' taking me awhile to concept it out and model it properly to scale. Now that it's at least functioning, I can work on the level progression and finish the first world of levels!!!

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »

Wow, been over 120 days since I posted! Hit a really bad creative block, wasn't sure where to proceed with the game. Also a little disheartened over a complete lack of interest.

But, I'm back on the grind and hope I can get this game wrapped up within 2017.

Here's an updated title menu and some improved graphics on the Level Hub.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »

NEW and updated Logo Animation.
Think I'll be adding some particles when the blade cuts the worms.
Eventually I'll make a better background as well, considering making it an actual 3D Scene with some animated lighting.
Either that or I'll make it into a digital painting.

The only technical thing left for the menu is importing the progress data per save file so you know what each file is - and making a prompt when you make a new save file.

An options menu should probably be added later down the line to disable music/sounds.

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 06:15:15 PM »

The first tutorial is fully polished and setup!
It's a small part of the game but a crucial one so I wanted it to look/feel as good as possible.

Now I'm onto polishing up the first world of levels and I'll be able to put out a playable once that is all done!

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 01:43:09 PM »

what the hell is that 8? Addicted It's for the least original.
It could make a very nice game if done nicely.
Good work! Keep going!

I noticed in some video that it seems sometimes hard to place the character in front of worms. Shouldn't you implement an auto targeting (kind of) ?

tankorsmash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »

>Also a little disheartened over a complete lack of interest.

I know what you mean man. I worked on Beatup for a year and got something like 9 downloads in the first week. Gotta get the word out. This blog is good, but you need to talk about it in a bunch of different places. The flashiest games with the most gifs gets the most attention I think.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic