Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:11:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioTIGSource Musical Challenge XLVIII: Cover Each Other (TIGSource reMixtape)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource Musical Challenge XLVIII: Cover Each Other (TIGSource reMixtape)  (Read 2336 times)
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:39:37 AM »

TIGSource Musical Challenge XLVIII: Cover Each Other (TIGSource reMixtape)

Hey all! As far as I can see this hasn't been done before, and I think it will be a fun experiment. Here's how it will work:

1) PM or email me with links to three of your previously created original tracks in MP3 format (if possible go with a fairly decent bitrate, say 160+). Try to go with tracks that sound fairly different to each other in terms of style, pace or melody to keep things interesting. You've got until the 25th of April 2016 to do this, but why delay? Get 'em in now!

2) I'll send out the tracks out at random, making sure nobody gets their own of course. Wink

3) Pick one of the tracks you are given to inspire their contest entry. It's entirely up to you how you go about this, whether you use elements of the actual audio file in your piece or recreate elements of it with your own instruments, but the goal is to make something that clearly uses the reference track while at the same time being something obviously new and different. You'll have four weeks to make something awesome!

If we get enough submissions I'll pick a shortlist for voting. Bear in mind that half the fun of the contest is getting to hear someone riffing on your work, so only send me your tracks if you're confident you can commit to creating a submission.

You have two weeks from today's date to get your three original tracks sent in. After that I'll need a day to send them back out, and from then you'll have four weeks to create your contest entry.

Those dates again:

• Submit 3 previously created original tracks by 25th April 2016
  • You'll be given your reference tracks on 26th April 2016
  • Contest entry deadline is 23rd May 2016 27th May 2016

Don't worry about time zones. As long is it's that date somewhere in the world, you're good.

This should be interesting Smiley Have fun everyone!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:28:02 PM by Geoff Moore » Logged

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:22:18 AM »

Hey! This sounds really cool!

Count me in! (I have sent you already the tracks in a pm)

The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »

I'm in. Can't wait to hear people out-music me with my own songs!  Coffee

Yellowjacket
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:58:57 PM »

This sounds really fun.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 07:45:02 PM »

Sounds great, tracks are sent!

Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:17:28 PM »

Holy crap, neat idea! I think I'll join in on this one! Grin

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »

Such a cool idea Geoff. Won't be able to contribute this month, schedule is a bit bonkers  Outraged. Best of luck everyone!

Zencha
Level 0

I make noise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 10:11:12 PM »

Same, schedule is paaacked with PAX coming up. Wish I could though!
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 02:59:46 AM »

Quick reminder: You still have a few days to submit your intent to enter and be a part of TIGSource history*! Currently were have four entrants - let's see if we can get enough for an EP! The more the merrier, so drop me a PM or email if you want to get in on this!  Gomez

*nobody will remember us

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Luigithepianist
Level 0

Composer, Music Technology Professional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 08:47:54 AM »

Just sent you 3 of my pieces via pm. this is gonna be AWESOME SAUCE  Well, hello there!

Luis
Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 10:19:07 AM »

Looks like I can't make it after all, but I'm super excited to see what you all come up with!

Yellowjacket
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 05:13:42 PM »

Is everyone reaaaddyy!!!?Huh?    Mock Anger

Corny Laugh Corny Laugh
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 02:59:49 PM »

Hi everyone, good to see the hype train is rolling! I think we have 6 entrants now, so we should end up with an EP-length mixtape Smiley Sorry for the slight delay in getting the tracks out, I'm just waiting to hear back from an entrant about an issue with their files, but I'll get the tracks out in the next 24 hours or so and I'll adjust the end date accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:07:50 PM by Geoff Moore » Logged

Yellowjacket
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 04:28:31 PM »

Excellent.  I can write something longer if necessary ^_^ 
Luigithepianist
Level 0

Composer, Music Technology Professional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 07:57:02 AM »

So hyped for this  Shocked
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »

HYPE!! Luigi, check your PMs Smiley

Yellowjacket
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 06:14:59 PM »

Geoff, you did receive my submissions too, right?  Just checking.  If not I can resend them.

Waiting for that PM!

(All the hype)
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 02:26:34 PM »

@Yellowjacket: Yep, got 'em Smiley

The Contest Begins!

We have a 6 entrants! They are, in alphabetical order:

Daniel Pellicer
Glyph
Luigithepianist
Tejas Schroff
The Translocator
Yellowjacket

All of you should have received a PM or email from me with the link to your tracks. If you haven't received a PM/email from me, please get in touch ASAP!

As a reminder, here's the brief again:

Pick one of the tracks you are given to inspire their contest entry. It's entirely up to you how you go about this, whether you use elements of the actual audio file in your piece or recreate elements of it with your own instruments, but the goal is to make something that clearly uses the reference track while at the same time being something obviously new and different.

I'm extending the deadline to May 27th (any timezone) so you still have a full month to work on your entries.

Have fun and good luck!  Gomez

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 04:59:14 PM »

Just a quick question: how would you prefer our tracks to be submitted? Should we link them publicly and directly mention the track covered? Or is it better if it's a (probably really easy) guessing game?

Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »

Sorry for the late reply, Glyph! I think it would be best if everyone mentions the source material's composer on their SoundCloud page and I hope everyone will want to post their submissions publicly, so you might as well go ahead and state it here, too. Smiley

There's just over three weeks to go, people! Can't wait to hear what you all come up with :D

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic