Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:55:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Footbrawl - A Physic based Soccer Game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Super Footbrawl - A Physic based Soccer Game  (Read 8192 times)
Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:22:29 AM »

I worked the last days/weeks on  something I would call “Ragdoll Soccer”. Its basically everything what FIFA street should be or what made PES2010 so good… Glitches and stupid Ragdoll Physics.

Its funny how you can get inspired by one little sentence.  In my case it has been the words “Fifa is boring!  Why can’t I beat up people?”. That's what some friends of mine were saying when we discussed what kind of games we would like to play.  My first gaming console was an NES with Nintendo Worldcup packaged with it. Looking back at it I feel like this game had a much bigger impact on me than I had originally expected. Now here I am, 27 years old, and my buddies and I still talk about that game.  The idea for something that we called “Drunken Soccer” or “Ragdoll Soccer” has been around for several years now and we were still talking about the idea and since nobody else managed to make a game like that, we decided to do this on our own and the idea of Super Footbrawl was born.

Its a mix between Gang Beats and Rocket League and we thought all you Game Physik Lovers out there would be interesed in what we do there. So, have a look at it, and tell us what you think! Cheers!

Footbrawl Website - footbrawl.pixelpizza.de
Dev Blog - blog.pixelpizza.de
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Der_Kevin
reddit -  https://www.reddit.com/r/Footbrawl/

Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:34:23 AM »

as a follow up post i want to give a short overview about what we are currently working on.
I am currently busy with giving the game some more personality. that means having some funky playable teams.
like some metal dudes:

blink 182:

and currently iam working on adding the band Turbonegro to the game. this is what hank looks like at the moment:

also i want to add some soccer untypical arenas to the game like an office:

and the Ai is still in the making

which is the most complicated part.

ActualDog
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »

Good stuff!

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd really be interested in an infopost at some point about your strategies for blending physics and animation, particularly for getting your guys to stand back up after they topple over. The results look really nice and seamless in the gifs you posted.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:28:12 AM »

for research purposes, you need to play the minority report video game for a few hours and then play it with the ragdoll on command cheat
Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 03:43:12 AM »

update:
currently doing a stresstest:

long version:

turns out pretty good Smiley

TheWing
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:47:00 AM »

looking awesome, will definitely want to see where this is going

- - - -
Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 06:49:18 AM »

I hope two update posts a day doesent count as spam but i just want to share this:
just finished the team selection & main menu:

full version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_iuYL_dS9w&feature=youtu.be

NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 10:36:10 AM »

Wow...I think this is literally the first time I've gotten exited for a sports game.

This looks all kinds of fun to play, especially with 100 man teams.

Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:48 AM »

Wow...I think this is literally the first time I've gotten exited for a sports game.

This looks all kinds of fun to play, especially with 100 man teams.
thanks Smiley
the 300vs300 will be sadly unplayable on a normal PC. for this i had a pc with a i7 5960X, 128GB Ram and a GTX 980Ti. and "only" a resolution pf 640x360. it was more an experiment. the final game will only have 5vs5 matches.

update: i just slammed all i did the last month together, and this is how the game looks now:

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »

Sweet Christmas.

"Its a mix between Gang Beats and Rocket League". Sign me up, pawh.  Hand Any Key Durr...? Hand Joystick

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »

Looks awesome.

Will this kind of gameplay still be in the game?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »

You mean the third person cam or the basball bat? :D

louiscroquet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53:40 AM »

Waw this looks very fun!
Just subscribed to this thread, I cannot wait to see more.

I hope you'll add more weapons like the baseball bat. It would be fun if you could throw items to players from the other side of the arena  Gomez
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 08:34:15 AM »

You mean the third person cam or the basball bat? :D
Both, I guess. More the third person cam than the bat.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
UaSirideain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 11:46:07 PM »

I don't know what on earth is going on here, but I need to play it.
Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:14 AM »

I hope you'll add more weapons like the baseball bat. It would be fun if you could throw items to players from the other side of the arena
yes, thats planed Smiley that you can throw them and more weapons like chairs or other random props that stand around

Both, I guess. More the third person cam than the bat.
hard to tell for a local multiplayer game. maybe a single player mod like fifa be a legend would be cool.

update:
i wrote a new blogpost in my blog:

Devblog #5 of Super Footbrawl - From Stupid Level ideas to 300vs300 over to Wasted Time and Ai Questions:
 http://pixelpizza.de/wordpress/?p=713
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:17:32 AM by Der_Kevin » Logged

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »

I'd basically only be playing this in single player (Not much of an MP guy), so that kind of one-player close camera would be awesome.

Oh, and that menu design is awesome. Ragdoll physics all day long

Edit: a "stress test" mode needs to be in the game. Those videos are hilarious. I could watch that all day.

Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 01:26:29 AM »

Jeah, that could work and should be doable pretty easy. assuming that you can not switch characters in the game. that would be a little bit more work. but a single player mode sounds like a good idea Smiley

hehe, thanks Smiley I wanted to prepare the stresstest as a separate download. so that you can adjust the amount of players, press go and just watch what is happening. i think i can do that quickly this month Smiley

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »

This looks super playable and fun. Sign me up!   Hand Metal Right

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Der_Kevin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:13 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKP1j6VKowM&feature=youtu.be

Since a lot of People asked me if i can make the 300vs300 stresstest thing available i decided to put something together that is called "the footbrawl playground" so you can decide how much footbrawlers each team can spawn, press go and enjoy the show - A Physics Playground baisically Smiley you can also do stupid stuff like place Traps. its pretty much done and i think i will release it by the end of the next month.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic