Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 01:37:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUNAIDED: 1939 - Pre World War II top down action game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: UNAIDED: 1939 - Pre World War II top down action game  (Read 2967 times)
jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »

UPDATE: The game has been released on Steam!

Unaided: 1939 is a hardcore Top-Down shooter with stealth elements, set in the year 1939 before the start of World War II. Germany has not yet attacked Poland but tensions have already risen in central Europe.

Steam store
Unaided: 1939 has been released on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/511460

Premise
The game is set in the year 1939 before the start of World War II. Germany has not yet attacked Poland but tensions have already risen in central Europe. The game takes the premise that 2 British MI6 agents have infiltrated Germany in 1938 due to the heightened tensions in central Europe and the rapid militarization of Germany. Their mission was to gather as much information inside the country in hopes to defend Britain and its allies in the coming war.

Gameplay
Play as Vita Banks in a top-down perspective to interact with people, objects, and enemies throughout the game. Features hand-crafted levels with stealth and shooting mechanics. The player is free to roam the map to achieve various objectives. The main goal of the game is to take on missions and finish the main story.

The player can unlock and choose weapons to bring in each mission and has also access to a perks tree to improve Vita's abilities.

Side missions are also available.

Details
Release Date: September 29, 2016
Platforms: Windows
Languages: English
Engine: Unreal Engine 4

Indie DB
Twitter
Facebook
Website

Screenshots

GIFs

I'll be posting updates soon. Our team's sprint is every week, so we have weekly updates. Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:02:15 AM by jujaswe » Logged

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:49:00 AM »

New UI and better textures have been added!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:11:57 AM by jujaswe » Logged

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:31 AM »

Made an exploding vehicle!

GalaethGames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 07:58:35 AM »

I love the new UI!

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:40:32 AM »

We made new Nazi enemy models!

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 02:48:20 AM »

We're making a new level for Unaided! What do you guys think?

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 07:18:16 AM »

I'd personally like to see you refine/polish the current level you have over adding a new level. You've got some good enemy models now, but comparatively the level feels a bit sparse and strange. It's a lot of gray flooring with empty desks arranged haphazardly, and the wall texture is a bit too repetitive (add some cracks or paintings or somethin' - maybe some wall shelves or some filing systems or something to break it up a bit).

Hard to give feedback on the new level quite yet - it's really dark, darker than it should be with those bright streetlights. The grass and sidewalk textures look good though.

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 07:35:17 AM »

I'd personally like to see you refine/polish the current level you have over adding a new level. You've got some good enemy models now, but comparatively the level feels a bit sparse and strange. It's a lot of gray flooring with empty desks arranged haphazardly, and the wall texture is a bit too repetitive (add some cracks or paintings or somethin' - maybe some wall shelves or some filing systems or something to break it up a bit).

Hard to give feedback on the new level quite yet - it's really dark, darker than it should be with those bright streetlights. The grass and sidewalk textures look good though.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry, I should have been clearer. The new level is part of the official missions for the game. The old level was only a testing level to show off features and stuff. Although yes, we're currently working on some indoor assets such as paintings and wall decals.

Ah yes, I'll try to lighten up the scene. Thanks for that! We're currently going for a sort of cel-shaded style for the game. Would love to get some feedback on that.

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 02:19:21 AM »

Hey guys! We have new building and environment assets + new visual effects!

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »

This is looking much better.  Smiley

I think the grass area (I think that's grass) in your darkened level needs some more 3D objects to make it feel less flat. Maybe some grass billboards or a couple bushes.

Your interior is starting to look pretty good. Watch the size of your rooms - the two interior rooms nearest the hallway look really small. Also, break up that symmetry! It's pretty rare to see a perfectly symmetric house, and also not as interesting as it could be.

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »

@bdsowers thanks again for the feedback! Much appreciated.

I'm almost finished making the interior level shown previously. It's supposed to be a Hotel floor level, hence the symmetry. Although I do agree with you that they're a bit too much alike. The small internal rooms here are bathrooms. I just finished making bathroom models :D

Thanks again! Will update soon.

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 01:44:15 AM »

Just finished making the 1st levels/missions of the game.

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:36 AM »

Greenlight
Unaided: 1939 is now on Greenlight! Help get this game on Steam by voting.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:49:08 AM by jujaswe » Logged

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 10:23:23 AM »

I think the music sounds too modern for the WWII setting, I was expecting something more cinematic. Other than that, the trailer looks great. You have made some awesome progress since the very first screenshots that I saw a while ago. Smiley

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
chrilley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 10:33:39 AM »

I agree with Davi Vasc on the music. Other than that, great job and congrats on getting greenlit!

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 08:53:16 PM »

Thanks for the feedback about the trailer! Yes, it does sound too modern, but it was only for the trailer because we wanted a fast-paced music that could blend well with the 2 second clips.

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 06:21:50 AM »

We just got greenlit! Thanks to everyone who voted and supported the game!

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 10:23:08 PM »

Hey, guys! We've got some new stealth kill animations!

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »

I've been experimenting with some color grading effects. What do you guys think?

jujaswe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 09:02:46 AM »

UPDATE: The game has been released on Steam!

Feel free to check it out and play. I hope you enjoy it!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/511460

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic