Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:31:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Looking for my other half
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for my other half  (Read 637 times)
MattSciar
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »

Hello Artists,

This isn't likely going to work but it can't hurt to try. I'm a programmer/game developer who wants to do the 2 man indie thing and partner up. However not on some hobby/side project but on a full blown venture.

I just launched my first game on Steam called Super Robot Jump Jump if you'd like to go look up what I made last time.

Now it's time for a new project, and I have a new direction and want to make something fantastic. I plan to fund my own living costs for at least one year to focus fully on this endeavor. I would love it if I wasn't working totally alone. The last project I got an artist on board and we worked together the whole time and it was great. However I went full time and he dabbled in and out and it was mostly a one man show and he would come in sometimes to lend a hand. This time I am hoping to find a full partner, someone interested in trying to build a complete game, full time, throw all the cards down and see how we do.

I may ramble on a bit here but I want to make sure people know what I'm suggesting and who I am. It's almost like a dating profile, finding someone to partner up with is no small/easy task but if you can make it work the results can be incredibly impressive.

So a bit about me.. well my name's Matt, I"m a 27 year old guy living in Vancouver Canada. If you're a local artist that would kick even more ass but it's not necessary as long as you're looking to fully invest into a project. I've created a company for game development and have taken care of all that paperwork etc. I'm diving full in, succeed or fail I'm giving it a shot. I doubt I'll regret it.

Since I'm so committed I work on this a lot, like most days and whenever I can muster up the interest to build another piece. I never wavered on creating the last title and am really hoping that I can use that as a sign to show my own abilities/commitment.

About the project... well it's still very much in the early stages. I've basically got a concept down but given the right partner going in I'm happy to make any changes. I think it should be a group effort the whole way through and something everybody is happy with. I'd like to build in Unity although I will probably take a solid month or so to shift into C# mode and start producing results at the proper speed. I'm aiming to build a 4 player online coop isometric hack n' slash style game. I can give any interested parties more details of what I'm thinking but if you're interested in joining me please bring your own concepts as well. I do not plan to build anything for mobile and want to continue aiming for profit via Steam.

Well I guess I'll save the nitty gritty details for anybody interested. If this sounds like a leap you want to take that's great send me a message, reply, or feel free to toss me an email: [email protected] I'm new to TIG so I will hopefully keep up with checking for replies at a proper speed but email makes my phone beep so I get those instantly.

Oh yeah one more thing worth mentioning, while I don't look down on fresh people with no experience I'm looking for ability and skill as well as desire to join me on this. I hope you have a solid portfolio and the more in depth your experiences are in game development the better.
Canned Turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:44:43 AM »

If you need pixel art, I am willing to work full time for a decent rate on any project for any length of time  Coffee

cannedturkey.itch.io
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic