Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:15:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)The story of maskman.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The story of maskman.  (Read 5235 times)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:29:37 AM »

An absurd/surrealistic story by JW

Maskman has made a journey.

Now that I look at it I see flaws. Practice. More stories soon?

PART 2

I think this part has to end soon. I want to make him be on a distant mission or something. Like story 1.

Now there are two, what are they doing?

Discuss what happens.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:47:56 AM by jwaap » Logged

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »

Hum. So... he was a man with a mask, then he rode a camel, then he found a giant, then he sat and drew, then he pointed at his drawing, then he changed his mask and became a kamikaze pilot, then he died, then he ran?

I don't think I got it. Huh?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:48:56 PM »

difficult to understand indeed.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Grindie
Pixelhead
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 03:02:02 AM »

It's about time Virtual Boy hit the indie scene!

I quite like the style here, but, like everyone else, I have no idea what's going on. Are you just mental or something?

WWW.ZOMBIESAURUSGAMES.COM
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 05:52:54 AM »

Well, it's surrealistic and absurd but I'm wondering if you have a message to tell through those pictures...

I find the pics need a bit more finish and the pixels aren't as smooth as they could be. Also, the use of color is inconsistent. Take part 2 for instance. The scenes are alot difficult to understand compared to the first part because you use all colors on the same plane, which doesn't give any depth or detail as clearly as the first part.

Compare the first image of part 1 to the 2 last of part 2. The first one makes good use of black being in front and the other colors in  the background. Observe the ratio of color versus ratio of black on the front plane compared to the background plane. The front plane as the guy in mostly black with whgite and red highlights while the background is mostly red with white highlits and close to no black (you could drop the outline and it would be better). If you take the two last image of part 2, there are no plane definition. There's almost as much black in the background as there is in the front plane and the red color, which is used to tell the furthest plane, blends with the closest plane, creating confusion (in a very bad way)

All in all, you just have to keep on working with these colors. Make sure the image is clear so we can focus on the idea behind the image, not its craft Wink

Later!
Guert

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 03:40:10 PM »

I dig this!  Need I say it would be awesome to see a game made in this style? Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic