Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:28:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessCan low resolution games sell well?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Can low resolution games sell well?  (Read 12903 times)
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »

The great thing about being an independent developer is that you don't have to make games which you think will have an audience, because no matter *what* kind of game you make, no matter what genre or what graphical style, there are always at least 1000 people in the world willing to buy that game, if only they could find and play it. I'm sure there are at least 1000 people aching to buy a low-resolution pixel game, they're out there, isolated all around the world, searching for it right now, and you can make it for them.

Yup, and thats where exposure comes into it. One of the more difficult things for indie developers to obtain Cry

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »

And I'm sure that even the smallest niche titles have a much larger potential audience than 1000. I don't think 100,000 or more would even be a stretch... if you could actually get the word out to them. I think that it's safe to say that, providing you aren't spending millions of dollars in development, there is a profitable niche in just about any genre. However some of those groups of people are easy to target, while others haven't yet been helpfully gathered together for you.

But I have so far been operating on the simple assumption that if you can provide high-quality games at low development cost, then there is a viable business in there.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Data
Giant Enemy Crab
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 09:23:38 PM »

You guys give me hope!   Kiss
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic