Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:17:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Yeah Insert Boy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Yeah Insert Boy  (Read 1917 times)
havchr
Level 2

gaming, coding, experimenting photo science party

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:22:32 PM »

Where Insert is a word that is replaced depending on what I'm prototyping/feeling at the moment.

Highpitch: An interactive experience about playing with graphical effects while listening to music. Come home 4 AM in the morning, tv on, put on some trippy music, play.

SYIB aims to be more about playing with a world/objects than about gaming a rigid system of rules.

The first thing to come out of this is a very early prototype which is a bit like an interactive visualizer. It does not respond to the music automatically, the player has to input commands to the system with a joypad to make it come alive.

here is a youtube video of me playing with the prototype.

This prototype is called "Super Yeah Research Boy"

I aim to integrate the time-sink elements of strategy/simulation games like civ and transport tycoon into this mix to make the play experience change and be interesting for more than just a couple of minutes. I hope to have this element prototyped soon.

I hope it will turn out to become something that people can enjoy, but it's very experimental, so it might take some time until I know where to go with the prototypes

Hope people find it interesting! Smiley

Pizza is delicious.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:11:30 PM »

Very nice idea. It's a reason why I really like Audiosurf and Vib Ribbon: the 'put some music and get an experience out of it' factor. Though from that video, it looks like you need to emphasize the music syncing, because it seemed a bit random.

havchr
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

yeah.. I need to capture it on a proper pc. My laptop gets tons of sync issues while frapsing. If I manage to complete what I want to complete, there'll be a prototype released around sunday/monday.

it won't be very gamey yet, as I need to search within myself to figure out where I want to move to get the feel that I want.

Pizza is delicious.
havchr
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »

Figured out I want to stop doing c++ and my own engine stuff, I want to use unity instead.
Don't have time to experiment with this atm, but it's still on.

A version made with unity will come.

I'm going to release the version I have now, so people can play with it if they want.
I just need to grab it from my laptop.

Pizza is delicious.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic