Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:29:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionNuclear Control [CANCELLED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nuclear Control [CANCELLED]  (Read 2810 times)
sirmarcelot
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »

Hello

I am not sure if i will be able to finish something, but i will try.

This is inspired in a short story which i don't remember the name right now =(

It is a game where you have the utmost responsibility: you control the nuclear bombs of the USA. Something happens, and you must take some decisions from your "cockpit".

given the time constraints, i might end up doing it in text mode only or something

wish me luck
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:25:21 PM by sirmarcelot » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »

Good luck. Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley
sirmarcelot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »

damn
it wasnt such a good idea to enroll so late in the game. i did code something but the quality is not very good.

if anyone was interested in the idea at least, it was supposed to be a interactive story where you have to find out if you should or not send a nuke to russia, during cold war, when suddenly the president dies due to a unknown flying object, and there is no contact with the capitol.

in the original story, the protagonist decides not to, even when the new interim president tells him to do otherwise, but the protagonist is right, because the flying object was actually a meteor.

i was trying to make it use a planning engine, so that each time you played, it could be either way, but i chose a "too hard" way to do it, so i failed. =(

well, next compo i will try to start earlier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic