Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:52:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessA better way for developers to earn from their HTML5 games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A better way for developers to earn from their HTML5 games  (Read 2306 times)
iDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:47:04 AM »

Hello everyone,

As a game developer I hit a problem with my games lately. I've had some great luck with android from earning with ad's. Making money from small free games with advertising in my opinion seems the best way for a HTML5 indie game developer to earn. Though my problem is when it comes to the web you don't have the same earning ability. Which is why I've kept my games only on android. Sites like kongregate that do offer developer earnings take the best part of the advertising earnings. Other sites like itch.io only offer donations. While hosting your own with ads give's you no advantage from being on a big marketplace like android's play market.

So I decided to try something, a way for developers to exchange ad views for game plays.

http://play.idevgames.co.uk

The play arcade is a new place for developers to upload their HTML5 games but this time you will earn 100% of the profits. Currently the site is in alpha and is growing. So if you don't like something, find any bugs, have any problems or just got some great ideas! Just let me know on here or twitter @HTML5Arcade

Hopefully we can all make more from HTML5 games!

Cheers Beer!

dlarocque91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:11:58 AM »

This sounds really interesting. I'm currently hobbyist HTML5 developer and started looking at my options for earning money with my games and I agree that sites like itch.io and kongretage offer less support than we can call ideal for our game projects. I'll bookmark this site for later while I work on developing my first test games
iDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:41:26 AM »

Hey guys thanks for the replys! I have had some good experiances with ad's and android games. I do agree this isn't my end goal but without a great community and a ton of games your options are limited. In the long run I would be interested in developing the idea further. Would you be able to give more information how sponsorship would work? All idea's welcome.

iDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I really wanted to share an update. The platform has completely changed since my original post. It's now easier, quicker and a lot better looking including features like:

• Embed your games easily on any site and still earn from every player
  • Allow your players to give you donations through paypal
  • Allow your players to subscribe to your patreon
  • Turn off ad's at any time and turn them on again... Even choose the frequency your ad is displayed
  • People can review your games
  • Publish your games to the site instantly
  • Keep your game private when testing

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers  Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic