Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:18:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralneed help finding a game on these forums
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: need help finding a game on these forums  (Read 599 times)
torcado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »

Hey, I can't remember how long ago, maybe a month or two, I was browsing the devlogs and came across a certain game that I found super cool but never saved the link or anything. I don't think it was a super popular topic either, like maybe 2 or 3 pages of replies.

From what i can remember this game was a pixel art game with a kinda of 'diagonal' style to the art, like a lot of the tiles had 45 degree angles. and the most unique feature of the game was that the tiles around the character moved slightly offset to the grid, like in waves and such. It was a sideview platformer and i think i remember some of it taking place in an underground area, somewhere dark.
I thiink it was made in gamemaker possibly, because i remember the developer talking about the specifics of how the tiles or something worked.

Sorry it's not a lot of information but i found it suuper inspiring and would love to find it again. Thanks for the help!

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:05:58 AM »

Try reposting to this thread: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3504.1620;topicseen "games you cant remember the name of"

torcado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion!

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:56:39 PM »

I believe you're refering to this: https://dgoodayle.itch.io/earthfall

And btw, "game with a kinda of 'diagonal' style to the art, like a lot of the tiles had 45 degree angles", that's what "Isometric" means.

torcado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 09:37:51 AM »

That's not it, but thanks for the reply!
also thats not what i mean in my post. the game was a 2D sidescrolling platformer, not an isometric. The style of the pixel art in the game used a lot of "diagonal 45-degree" areas, if that makes sense.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic