Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:59:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CONTRACT/ROYALTY] ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME OPEN WORLD
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CONTRACT/ROYALTY] ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME OPEN WORLD  (Read 912 times)
Nikocatarino
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »

Here is our (WIP) Story for The Resurrection :

The Resurrection takes place in a world hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
The player will have to fight both zombies and other players in order to survive. An important aspect of the game is the interactions between players, which can be hostile, marked by the exchanges of fire, or friendly, marked by cooperation and the exchanging of items.

One of the focuses in the game is in staying fed, hydrated, dry, and healthy. Food is available in markets and homes, as well as wildlife. Water can be obtained in homes, markets, water sources, rivers, lakes, and sea. Food can become rotten and will sicken the player. Injury by shooting, melee weapons, zombie attacks, or falls may cause loss of blood, which can be recovered by consuming food or the use of medical equipment. hydration levels, food, and other "stats" can be accessed by the player's inventory. Military equipment such as high-powered rifles, machine guns, telescopic sights, helmets and military clothing, and ammunition can be found at military bases and camps, as well as airports. The game is generally considered step-slow, with long periods of relatively low activity in which the player moves from city to city, or waiting in a high position for observation or engagement to long distance with the use of high-powered rifles, usually with telescopic sights.

The Resurrection is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape the long As They can. Players can experience powerful events and emotions arising from the ever evolving-emergent gameplay. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games in extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted.

Current Team Structure:
Project Manager: Me - Experience with BP and mild experience with C++ Blueprint/Storry writter/Game Designer/Concept Artist/Sound Designer/ .
Co Owner 3DMichu C++/Blueprints/3D Modeller/Concept Artist/Mapper
Co Owner Steven Concept Artist/Mapper/3D modeller/Concept Artist

Talent Required:
Programmer
Must have BP and C++ experience
Would be nice if you have experience implementing network features
Task 1 - Will assist me in mechanics programming.
Task 2 - Will script the game save mechanics.
Task 3 - Set Rules for multiplayer games
Riggers
Animators
Level Designer
Technical Artist
3D

3D and Moddeling Artist - Texture Artist
Must have experience with Blender, Maya, or other 3D modeling software
Must be able to successfully export models/material/textures to UE4 from 3D editor
Would be nice if you could prep skeletal structure for models for animation in UE4
Would be nice if you could design building architecture
Task 1 - Create character, prop, and environment models
Task 2 - Prep the models for placement into the engine

Animator
Must have experience creating detailed animations with skeletal models in UE4
Must be able to create cutscenes using Matinee
Task 1 - Create basic animations for characters, props, and moveable environments

Mapper
Must have experience creating Maps in Unreal Engine
Must have experience creating environment!

PhotoShop
Must have experience creating Photos and dealing with photoshop

Visual Effect Artist(s)
Particle FX Artist - We're looking for people that know how to work with UE4's particle system to do very stylized/cartoony-esque particle effects for skills, environmental stuff such as torches, weather effects, but also small details such as footprints and stuff like that.
Unreal Engine Lighting Expert - We're also looking for someone that knows his/her stuff about lighting in Unreal Engine 4. Forge Online will have a fairly complex day and night cycle that - hopefully - will use Global Illumination to some extent, and ray-traced shadows.

C++ Programmer(s)
We need C++ programmers that know how to work with UE4's coding structure for several game mechanics. You'll be working very closely with our blueprint whizkids and translate their work into code. You'll have to take optimization and efficiency into account when doing this job. We're also looking for C++ programmers that have experience with setting up a multiplayer framework, network replication, and backend related stuff. If you are responsible for the backend of this project, you'll probably have to work very closely with the webdevelopers to create a secure system at some point. We also need C++ programmers that can do game optimization and bugsmashing. Any C++ programmers with experience in doing UI are also welcome.

Game Title: The Resurrection
Platform: PC
Genre: Open World Survival Sandbox
Camera View: Third Person & First Person
Company: The Resurrection
Team Communication: Skype, Email
File sharing: Unreal Engine Cloud or DropBox
Contact PM Me on Skype: nikosantsofswag

we have already started the project. I suck at modeling and texturing and would prefer not to use community assets other than vegetation and sounds/music. I also am not completely knowledgeable on how to implement things. As the scripting gets more complex I get a tiny bit lost and make little progress per day. we believe this project is a good idea but again it's hard to execute by myself we need moore staff.
The game will be strictly third person and one person , open world , survival , apoclypse , zombie rpg. Depending on the size of the team, the landscape will be larger or smaller with more or less content.
If you take part, you must agree from now that you will be paid when the games makes money. I am serious about finishing this project but that doesn't mean that I will die for it. I have a personal life too and enough duties.. So I am looking for people who we can work if they can everyday for 1-2 hours and if they want more depending on their personal duties..
I am not seeking the perfect team members as I am a newbie myself too but I am eager to learn and I like getting my hands dirty. I look forward meeting the same people!
I do not like to mock people as I do not like people to mock me. So if you can afford making a contract with me to get sure you'll get the money when the game gets money, it's totally fine by me but I won't spent a penny on making contracts from people worldwide as I don't know you personally and you may want to leave during the development, and the money from contract will be a waste.. But there will be an official contract before we publish the game. I adress this now so you won't tell me otherwise later. I like clean skies and I am speaking straight forward. If you don't want to make contract with me then I can only give you my promise that all team members will get EQUALLY paid and not even me as a project manager will get a penny more. The profits will be equally shared. I can't really do anything more than that..
This is not a paid job until we start generating money off of our crowd funding campaign!

We expect more than 20 000$ Funding after we have a proto type running (Promissed my unreal funding and indiegogo)!

We are doing it for us! We do not buy anything in the marketplace.

We want to be original.

We only Work on unreal ENGINE!
Greetings.
matwek
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:59:44 AM »

This is not a paid job until we start generating money off of our crowd funding campaign!

We expect more than 20 000$ Funding after we have a proto type running (Promissed my unreal funding and indiegogo)!
You might get a better response by posting this on the Collaboration Forum.
It doesn't look like you currently have any money to pay people. If you did hit your funding goal, I don't think $20,000 is even enough to fund a single worker for much more than a year (at max).

- open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game
- I am not seeking the perfect team members as I am a newbie myself
I would suggest maybe trying something a little less ambitious first. I've been working on games for years, several of which are published on consols and I wouldn't attempt something like this

But there will be an official contract before we publish the game.
My previous comments were an attempt to offer you some advice before you get started, but I feel like I should flag this up for anyone wanting to join you in your project.
Having the contracts signed after the work is done and the game is ready to be published is not a good deal, as there is nothing stoping the team from blocking someone out of being a part of the contract after they've finished their work.

On a project like this, of this scale. I would expect some kind of reassurance that my work wasn't going to waste. You mentioned that "I don't know you personally and you may want to leave during the development, and the money from contract will be a waste.." but there are contacts that you can get/write that make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen. Maybe with something like milestone development plans that have to be kept to in order to maintain a steak in the profits.

Nikocatarino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:43:54 AM »

You might get a better response by posting this on the Collaboration Forum.
It doesn't look like you currently have any money to pay people. If you did hit your funding goal, I don't think $20,000 is even enough to fund a single worker for much more than a year (at max).

- open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game
- I am not seeking the perfect team members as I am a newbie myself
I would suggest maybe trying something a little less ambitious first. I've been working on games for years, several of which are published on consols and I wouldn't attempt something like this

But there will be an official contract before we publish the game.
My previous comments were an attempt to offer you some advice before you get started, but I feel like I should flag this up for anyone wanting to join you in your project.
Having the contracts signed after the work is done and the game is ready to be published is not a good deal, as there is nothing stoping the team from blocking someone out of being a part of the contract after they've finished their work.

On a project like this, of this scale. I would expect some kind of reassurance that my work wasn't going to waste. You mentioned that "I don't know you personally and you may want to leave during the development, and the money from contract will be a waste.." but there are contacts that you can get/write that make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen. Maybe with something like milestone development plans that have to be kept to in order to maintain a steak in the profits.

Hello Friend.
I am Project Owner.
The Designer also.
The My name myself "newbie" to create games because I'm not a Pro compared to other companies like GTAV and The Last of us ...

"On a project like this, of this scale. I would expect some kind of reassurance que my work was not going to waste. You mentioned que " I do not know you personally and you may want to leave During the development, and the money from the contract will be waste .. "[/ i] [/ b] but there are contacts That you can get / make sure write que que sort of thing does not happen. Maybe with something like milestone development plans que have to be kept to in order to maintain the steak in the profits. "

We have an official contract that is royalty contract.
I'm very esperansoso we will be able to open the game, because everyone in the staff work well and 8 hours per day and have a good mood to be always positive about the project that is very important.
I dont have money because I will pay machines "Hosting" machines that are expensive to open a game and paid the licenses of unreal etc, and other important things ...
And Yes I am very confident and am not "scam" person.
I have several people who trust me.
1 Co owner and staff, They trust me its the most important part trusting.
I know GFX Imaging, Programming, mapping, and im good at this job, i can deal with all situations, if I do not know i learn.
I will not leave the project because I left the REST OF MY LIFE TO DEDICATE THE PROJECT as a promise that it would get.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »

No one thinks you're a scam. We just think you're being too ambitious and underfunded. $20k isn't enough for one person for a year. The project you're talking about sounds like it would take a couple years and a large team of people.

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 02:29:01 AM »

Also, just so you know, most people won't be too inclined to work for royalties unless you've already made quite a bit of progress on your game. The reason why is understandable; in case the game doesn't get made, all of their efforts will have been for nothing.

Also, speaking from experience, people who work without any financial rewards right away might have the mentality of the ''Well, I haven't been paid yet so I don't need to give my 100%'' thing. Just sayin'.

Nikocatarino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 10:48:53 AM »

No one thinks you're a scam. We just think you're being too ambitious and underfunded. $20k isn't enough for one person for a year. The project you're talking about sounds like it would take a couple years and a large team of people.

hello Thomas we already have in progress , weapons are ready , we are doing the ground 3km2 , we already have the site , twitter , youtube, and we are making 3D models .
I said that the minimum was 20,000 , but the unreal engine promised 30 000 and 20 000 Indiegogo ....

Also, just so you know, most people won't be too inclined to work for royalties unless you've already made quite a bit of progress on your game. The reason why is understandable; in case the game doesn't get made, all of their efforts will have been for nothing.

Also, speaking from experience, people who work without any financial rewards right away might have the mentality of the ''Well, I haven't been paid yet so I don't need to give my 100%'' thing. Just sayin'.

Do not speak if you dont know...
I already went Staff DayZ , Arma 3 , Minecraft , and among others , but I've been paid .. and i know how
I abandoned my personal life to the project soo im giving my 100 %
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »

If you have twitter website and youtube why don't you link anything to get credibility?

The Image is a EXAMPLE we did, we will improve the face texture, pants , everything , sure we will IMPROVE IT...
got this information from another place you posted and there's no image.

I already went Staff DayZ , Arma 3 , Minecraft , and among others , but I've been paid .. and i know how

This is all blablabla' give links to previous works and give visual information about your work and you'll be taken seriously.

minecraft staff? lol

nikosantsofswag  that's some serious business name  

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »

I was actually speaking from experience. I'm glad it didn't turn out that way for you. I've never met anyone who was willing to  work 8 hours/a day based on faith alone that the game would one day come out. I was just trying to help out with your recruiting. If you provided more information about the game besides just text maybe it would entice people to participate. Just a suggestion, peace!

Nikocatarino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »

If you have twitter website and youtube why don't you link anything to get credibility?

The Image is a EXAMPLE we did, we will improve the face texture, pants , everything , sure we will IMPROVE IT...
got this information from another place you posted and there's no image.

This is all blablabla' give links to previous works and give visual information about your work and you'll be taken seriously.

minecraft staff? lol

nikosantsofswag  that's some serious business name  

http://theresurrection.cf/ - WebSite - In DEVELOPMENT
Twitter - We are creating the image and background.
Skype does not matter , i could have a stupid name and have a good business.
But I have a good name skype Does not matter ...
AS prints do not know why they were not sent here but I will put them again.

I was actually speaking from experience. I'm glad it didn't turn out that way for you. I've never met anyone who was willing to  work 8 hours/a day based on faith alone that the game would one day come out. I was just trying to help out with your recruiting. If you provided more information about the game besides just text maybe it would entice people to participate. Just a suggestion, peace!

Yes I Know Sorry it was a bad day. Thanks For your helping
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic