Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:00:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLost Ethereal - LOWREZJAM Entry
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lost Ethereal - LOWREZJAM Entry  (Read 815 times)
theLucre
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »

https://thelucre.itch.io/lost-ethereal

Just submitted my #lowrezjam entry last night, right under the deadline. I'm considering making a larger game with this art style and I'm curious what other devs/players think. I'd love any/all feedback.  Shrug

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:28:25 AM by theLucre » Logged

Futurist and escapist .:. @theLucre
P-Flute
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »

My 64x64 comrade!  Beer! Seen your screens on twitter, excited to give this a try when I find the time.  Hand Joystick
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:15:25 PM »

Hello,

I have tried out the game and here is my feedback in no particular order:

1-  I really liked the general feel of the game, exploring a alient/exotic world and trying to find out what this is all about and discover its secrets (or at least it is so what I felt).

2- Due to the "lowrez" part, there are a lot of things I couldn't interpret or understand. I didn't know whether that is something in the foreground, background a movement block or what.

3- I really loved the "Bastion" like feel where you moved on gabs and the floor came to existence as you walked but I felt it would have been better to do it the same way as Bastion. If you walk too fast/don't watch where you are going you could fall off.

4- I didn't know what are those blue thingies I collected.

5- The first puzzle to get the ring wasn't quite obvious at first glance but it was easy from there on.

6- I got stuck in the purple monster/thing/creature with the lights. I really loved the idea of the moving lights but I didn't understand where to point them exactly for this puzzle to be counted as solved. I tried on top of each other, nothing. I tried on the monster's face, nothing. But to be honest it is hard to tell what its face is or where to put it on that face so I gave up.

7- I liked the sounds and the music and how it got darker in the second area, although I am not sure why it got darker though.

8- The animations and the slight effects were cool.

All in all, I think this is a really cool idea and I liked it. It intrigued me, I'd say it is worth trying to make it look better if only to get better feedback. Good luck! Smiley

theLucre
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »

Thanks for your detailed feedback, Vallar!

Since posting this, Lost Ethereal has won 2nd Place - Overall in the LowRezJam competition, been double featured on the NewGrounds homepage, and listed as a Hot Game on Kongregate. We've gotten so much great feedback, that we've decided to rebuild and design this game as a full-length feature. I will be posting more in a Dev Log in the coming days.

The game is now playable in browser, too, if anyone is interested.
https://thelucre.itch.io/lost-ethereal

Cheers  Toast Left

Futurist and escapist .:. @theLucre
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 10:39:08 AM »

That is great news. Congratulations and hope to see the new Lost Ethereal Smiley

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:33 PM »

I got confused when I started this b/c it was probably loading but there was no progress bar.

It looked like this for a good few minutes idk why.

Played through the game, nice little puzzle/adventure. I was a bit confused by the light puzzle, you might consider adding a spot on each one of the things that is the same shape as the lights so you get where you are supposed to point to. Liked the art and music.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic