Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412053 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: Exye

June 22, 2024, 06:56:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesA coincidence
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: A coincidence  (Read 4375 times)
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 06:52:54 AM »

Based on the dialog in the game trailer, I also think this character simply has to have a Jamaican accent. What was it he said? "I be turnin' you into brittleness and bodily fluid"?

The one thing that bugs me about the game's name is that when I first saw it, I thought this was going to be a game about a demon who explodes (explo-demon, rather than explode-mon). May I suggest a voice over on the title screen that actually pronounces the title, just to dispel confusion?

Otherwise, this game looks sweet. Smiley

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »

The '-mon' isn't for 'monster'..., is it?

Anyway, yeah, you guys have the upper hand here. Those folks have a logo, you guys have an impressive looking trailer. No worries.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 07:40:53 PM »

explodemon?

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 07:47:39 PM »

explodemon?

That's what I assumed.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »

Name aside (personally i like explodemon) it looks like you guys are _way_ farther on your game than TP is, you have a lot more to offer and it's just generally better from what I see. Stay the course and try not to let this thing get to you, in the end I don't think it really affects anything one way or another.

I remember when Flashbang announced Jetpack Bronto awhile back we were all worried about dino-saturation and whatnot, but oh well. IMO it has no real effect other than the hit to morale your team might take for not-being-original-anymore. However, it does kind of seem like stolen-thunder case on your big coming out PR day. That's unfortunate, and if it was a move they were conscious of I think it hurt them way more than it hurt you.

good luck! looking forward to explodemon.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 12:10:07 AM »

Well, I didn't really mean it as a negative thing, this thread, I just think it's sad how these things happen. I'm not worried about Twisted Pixel's game, it's just unfortunate that they were working on a game with a similar premise to ours.

Fuzz
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 12:11:50 AM »

Well, I didn't really mean it as a negative thing, this thread, I just think it's sad how these things happen. I'm not worried about Twisted Pixel's game, it's just unfortunate that they were working on a game with a similar premise to ours.
They weren't. It's an April Fool's joke, if you haven't noticed.

Tags: 'Splosion Man, April Fools, Austin, Twisted Pixel
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 12:50:29 AM »

Quote from: Twisted Pixel
In the spirit of April Fool's Day, we made a tongue-in-cheek announcement yesterday for our next title called 'Splosion Man. Today, we are proud to announce that we weren't kidding. 'Splosion Man, a lab experiement gone wrong and made out of pure 'splosion, is real.
http://www.twistedpixelgames.com/
Fuzz
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 12:57:41 AM »

Quote from: Twisted Pixel
In the spirit of April Fool's Day, we made a tongue-in-cheek announcement yesterday for our next title called 'Splosion Man. Today, we are proud to announce that we weren't kidding. 'Splosion Man, a lab experiement gone wrong and made out of pure 'splosion, is real.
http://www.twistedpixelgames.com/
Well, that is sad then.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic