Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:25:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCartrdge
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cartrdge  (Read 626 times)
PixHammer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2016, 04:25:54 AM »

https://cartrdge.com/

"Cartrdge is a portfolio community for the people making video games. It’s a place to showcase yourself and your work, in a community designed for the members of the video game industry. It’s a place to connect with one another, to offer and get feedback, and to find inspiration. A place to get noticed for your work, and to find others doing amazing things with video games."

It's kinda interesting, I like it. Would work well as an alternative if Twitter were to ever die. It's still invitation only, but I have 5 4 3 2 1 Invites to give if anybody wants in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:55:15 AM by PixHammer » Logged

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:05:22 AM »

So someone made a better format than our Screenshot Saturday thread. Neato.

krides
Level 0

The Old Man and the Sea of Video Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 04:25:00 AM »

So I have been posting screenshots/concept art of our game on Catrdigsaldjfqo for a couple of days now, and it seems like I don't understand how it works at all. I'm saying this because I recently got an email from their admin asking me only to post things that I did personally on the project and to invite everybody else to join the site. I did invite everybody, and people didn't want to join, and I can't force them to.

This is weird because we're 10 people working on the game, and each screenshot belongs to everybody. It's not personal work of one developer, it's a team effort. However, if it were for personal projects only, the site would not allow for the creation of projects. On the other hand, they don't enable you to have an account for a studio, it has to be personal, so it's really misleading.

Also, since you cannot post builds of the game like on itch.io and the stuff that you can write is limited to what amounts to a tweet (140 chars or something like that), it only works if you are an artist. Everybody else has nothing to do there because it's basically just a game-themed Artstation.

This is the project's page, by the way: https://cartrdge.com/krides/projects/event-0
I guess I'll just wait and see what the admin replies to my email where I asked what kind of website they are.

I am part of the Ocelot Society.
@krides on Twitter.
Current project: Event[0].
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:13:16 AM »

So I have been posting screenshots/concept art of our game on Catrdigsaldjfqo for a couple of days now, and it seems like I don't understand how it works at all. I'm saying this because I recently got an email from their admin asking me only to post things that I did personally on the project and to invite everybody else to join the site. I did invite everybody, and people didn't want to join, and I can't force them to.

This is weird because we're 10 people working on the game, and each screenshot belongs to everybody. It's not personal work of one developer, it's a team effort. However, if it were for personal projects only, the site would not allow for the creation of projects. On the other hand, they don't enable you to have an account for a studio, it has to be personal, so it's really misleading.

Also, since you cannot post builds of the game like on itch.io and the stuff that you can write is limited to what amounts to a tweet (140 chars or something like that), it only works if you are an artist. Everybody else has nothing to do there because it's basically just a game-themed Artstation.

This is the project's page, by the way: https://cartrdge.com/krides/projects/event-0
I guess I'll just wait and see what the admin replies to my email where I asked what kind of website they are.

Weird, thanks for the update. Itch is starting new tool to facilitate development feedback with fans (private builds, digital goods etc): http://blog.itch.io/post/144305999624/itchio-week-day-5-part-1-itchio-refinery

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic