Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:55:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesCounter Strike: Global Offensive
Poll
Question: Where do you end up when you die in CS:GO?
Valhalla - 1 (7.1%)
Paradise - 0 (0%)
Hell - 3 (21.4%)
Hell (the town in Norway) - 1 (7.1%)
Your mom's basement - 1 (7.1%)
Nirvana - 2 (14.3%)
In the eyes of a camper - 6 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Counter Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 2948 times)
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:02:28 AM »

Seriously, anyone plays this little gem? It's a nice way to casually waste 20mins now and then. I'm a tad old now, and it suits my tempo just fine, whereas I get my shiny metal ... served in Quake Live, where I used to roam. It's too fast for me now.

Anyway, CS:GO is fine, or as a review stated on steam: It's like roulette; funny until it turns Russian.

Hereby meaning, that you might wanna turn off the headset comms if your native language isn't Russian, because there can be a bit of live Russian banter. That review was a recommendation, btw.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

nwizrt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 06:05:30 AM »

Cheesy hahaha. What a ponder that vote was.

I did not play it but I certainly enjoy some competitive CS:GO videos. Not too much though, way too long to follow.

I guess if arena shooter like Quake and UT start to appear too fast CS:GO might hit the sweet spot.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:45:01 AM »

It's funny that the most played map are still the same as in cs 1.5

de_dust2
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »

the last CS i played was 1.6
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »

This video is like 30mins old, my girlfriend (Juno) and I (2mass) on opposite teams. I'm not gonna tell if she manage to defuse the bomb or not, would spoil all the fun Tongue But if you guys don't know CS:GO, then here's a glimpse.

0stasis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 09:22:52 AM »

Haha ya the eyes of a camper. That was the joke for 1.6 but today it's more on cheaters and Smurfs.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:37:13 AM »

Haha ya the eyes of a camper. That was the joke for 1.6 but today it's more on cheaters and Smurfs.
I've seen cheaters two or three times during 150h gaming or so, with obvious wallhacks, otherwise, I don't know if I'm missing something, but who cares, as long as I win without cheating, then all's dandy  Tongue

I might be a bit of a smurf tho, if I survive the front lines, that is. Did that even make sense? Meh.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »

what's a smurf?
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »

what's a smurf?
I wondered that too, but I think it means someone who use sock puppet nicknames. Well, I thought it was related to 'smurking', smuggling weapons and lurking in the background.. It's in the urban dictionary. But no, it has to do with changing nicks I think, and I don't do that. For the record Smiley

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »

smurfing in games is experienced players creating new accounts to "cheat" the matchmaking system.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »

i see now what smurfing is.

Used to do a that few time in f2p fps by creating a new account when i wanted to play without paying attention to k/d ratio.

so experienced cs players are buying new accounts to own everyone in begginers league ? how long does it take to get out of this league if you're good?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 09:25:30 PM »

i think in CSGO it's also about those randomly dropping weapon skins that you can sell for real money. i think smurfing makes it easier to get those or sth. idk like i said, i havent played any CS after 1.6
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 11:39:34 PM »

new accounts dont get drops any faster. Drops get faster the less often you play. I actually played a ton of cs go for a while, but i got bored and wasnt improving so i quit.

Smurfing is just for the fun of dominating. It's fun to dominate a game, and it's way easier to dominate when you're playing with people below your level.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »

I was thinking more that maybe people "farm" the drops using multiple accounts?
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 12:21:35 AM »

You have to pay 15$ each time you get an account, so farming drops is kinda useless. CS:GO isn't free

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 01:41:32 AM »

I know but I've heard that some of the drops sell for a lot of ca$h dollars.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »

I know but I've heard that some of the drops sell for a lot of ca$h dollars.
I personally haven't had any such drops, although I have had many. A knife begins at €40 the last time I checked, so if you get one of those, then I guess the game is paid for. I have never put more than the 10 euro into the game that I bought it for on sale, all my gear is purchased for items I've won in it. Got lots of nice gear tho.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 03:00:44 AM »

The only things that drop are cases and low quality skins. High quality skins can be had from normal games, but the chance is like 1 in a trillion. It's the type of thing that reaches top post on reddit.

After every few games you get a case. These cases can be opened with keys, which cost 2.50 each. There's really no way to game the case drop system.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 03:45:32 AM »

Can't you sell cases for like one or two cents? Get enough cases and you'll be able to sell them to open one for free, right?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic