Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:59:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJIG: Indie VN/Dungeon Chaser (wip)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JIG: Indie VN/Dungeon Chaser (wip)  (Read 404 times)
Jason S. Longia
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2016, 01:44:10 PM »

Nice to meet you all!
I'm a neophyte by the name of Remr and have wanted to contribute something
of great import to you. A little itty bitty indie game. (Hope my intro was solid.)  Cool

Game Description:
It's a mix between Visual Novel (think tons of humorous text) and Dungeon Chasing (A variation where the enemies chase you)
The Dungeon Chasing aspect, is basically you try to reach the end of the level where you talk to a rock...and it says
YOU MAY PROCEED TO THE NEXT LEVEL or something like that. Lol can't remember the text toplel.

It's intended to be a Manzai style comedy with emotionally touching scenes and lore. My inspiration for this concept
was from Gintama, as it seems to effortlessly blend the two. The dungeon crawling mechanism I picked up cause I like
crawling dungeons.

What kind of feedback you are looking for?
Strong critcisms are always welcome. You guys never seam to amaze me with your dedication
to the finer critiques.

Whether you enjoyed it meybee...bzzz... or not. I'll see what I can do. It's a game that I'm willing
to try my best to put your feedback towards against the concept I already have in mind.
Even if it's something like 'put a giant enemy crab in there lololol (which I may consider...)   Gentleman Gentleman

As a precaution, this game does have some "dark humour"... carrying on.  Evil

The Dungeon Chasing is supposedly "Dark Souls Level Hard", so dont expect to reach the next level which I hope to be done soon.
lol. Even I died a good couple of times, and... well... I made the game! Wink

Finally, thank you fellow indie enthusiasts for your very warm welcome.  Beer! Coffee Durr...?
And remember youtube poop is where the poop is... dododo do do dooooo!  Who, Me?
As well as I'd like to give a special thanks to my sis and one of my best bros KarmineRedMine for playtesting and telling
me what I should put in or not. My sis gave up after the first try hahahaha....  Grin

Minimum System Requirements :
• Processor: 2GHz Dual Core CPU (It's some parts VN based other parts Dungeon Chaser)
• Memory: 2GB RAM
• Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 2)
• DirectX: Version 9.0c
• Sound Card: Sound card compatible with DirectX® 9.0c

Screenshots:

The Game... you lost it.
www.dropbox.com/s/9fk5i54172438qk/JIGV2.zip?dl=0

Aliases: R3MR pronounced "Reemer or Remmer."
Powerword: Jason S. Longia (lol)

A pleasure to meet you all. I am Jason, an avant-garde composer.

I also dabble in the game making
and art making scene.

Gamejolt: https://remr.gamejolt.io
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jason-s-longia
chances_r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 03:46:29 AM »

I downloaded and extracted the zip, but this looks like an installer of some sort (i.e. setup.exe).  Can you tell me something about it, like what it does or installs (and where)?  

I'm cautious about installing "in-progress" games that I'll probably try once and then remove.  I don't mind installers, as long as they put everything in one place, for easy removal later.

EDIT:  clarity
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:07:04 AM by chances_r » Logged
Jason S. Longia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:04:20 AM »

Sure, since its an RpgMaker 2003 game, there is an option in the game maker to "create a gamedisk" ; what this does is create an installer that contains the core game and the RTP (runtime package) which contains music, sounds and graphics needed to run the game. I most definitely understand your caution. I'll see what I can do.  Smiley

EDIT:

Basically unzip the LZH file in the overall Zip and you're set! Well, hello there!

Or if there's no other way, the installer installs in Program Files
but you can specify the location in which to install it to. Hope that helps!   Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:21:05 PM by R3MR » Logged

Aliases: R3MR pronounced "Reemer or Remmer."
Powerword: Jason S. Longia (lol)

A pleasure to meet you all. I am Jason, an avant-garde composer.

I also dabble in the game making
and art making scene.

Gamejolt: https://remr.gamejolt.io
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jason-s-longia
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic