Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:11:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignGame Idea Feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Idea Feedback  (Read 1013 times)
Reddogf5
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »

Hi, I would like to get some feedback on a game idea.
The setting is post-apocalyptic (I know, but I like that setting) sometime in the near future.  Genetic engineering is advanced and widespread, and even though everyone agreed to not modify humans, everyone is doing it.  The world is in conflict over all the same old stuff it always is, and one side, fearing being overrun by the supersoldiers the other was preparing to unleash, launches a nuclear strike.  It didn't wind up being a total war (MAD), but targeted at military, government, and the genetic facilities, with an EMP on top for good measure.  The attacks destroyed a good deal of the genetic capabilities, but a lot of very powerful material, along with the insertion agents, were released into the environment.  Many people were killed, society collapsed, and the environment was significantly altered.  Many survived the collapse in bunkers, and are now forced to emerge as their resources run out, some 30 to 40 years after the apocalypse.

The focus of the game is on exploring, building and managing relationships, and building settlements.
Exploring secures resources, technologies, and genetic resources.
Relationship building determines whether a particular group is friendly, hostile, or neutral to you, and how many and what kind of followers you attract.
Settlement building creates a base for you, a home for your followers, a place for them to produce, and lets you spread your vision in this new world.

There are several other unique leaders who also attract people, and at least one group that survived outside the bunkers.  The leaders will have different dreams and desires, take their groups in their own direction, and take different methods of interaction.  Depending on how you handle them, they can be allies, hostile, or indifferent.

Exploring would involve some combat, but I also want to have other options like negotiation, stealth/parkour, or problem solving - at least one of these alternatives for each location that has something of value.  The things of value are resources (building materials, food, water) technology (weapons and plans, devices and plans, educational materials), and genetic modifications (one use modifications, materials, machines, and instructions)

The player has a few attributes: Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, and Toughness.  Educational materials give a skill or a boost to it, use improves it.  Genetic mods improve attributes or give special abilities (photosynthesis, stealth/camouflage, infrared vision, etc.), or correct undesired mods.

Dangers includes a whole host of mutated organisms, and people you may have gotten on the wrong side of.

I don't have or want an overarching story, other than at least one of the other leaders will probably rub the player the wrong way.  Things will develop based on how you interact and drive the story.

So what do you think?
Essentially this is a game I would like to play, it combines all the things I like from games like Fallout, Borderlands, and GTA

I also have an idea for a game about a crazy lady and her cat Smiley
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 04:35:51 AM »

{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:19:22 AM »

True dat:)

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »

There's nothing wrong with this idea. What matters is how an idea is executed. If you want to make that game, start small. Pick a small part of the game and implement a prototype of that. Lady and her cat seems more interesting to be honest.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic