Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:41:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Punchy Face - 2D Brawler
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Punchy Face - 2D Brawler  (Read 937 times)
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »

Super Punchy Face is a fast-paced evolution of classic beat-em-ups, but with full 360 degree combat and Jackie Chan style environment usage. This is all wrapped up in a naively lighthearted, Burger King Kid's Club like '90s setting and atmosphere, where, hey, it's cool to beat up those squares in suits because they're trying to destroy the community, man!

This is a game where you can slide down a bar counter, grab a bottle and smash it over a guys head, then grab a chair and hurl it at the bartender before he shoots you.

Windows only, for now.

Grab it here: https://drewdunaj.itch.io/spf

Last update: 12/21/2016

So excited to finally post about this! It's still fairly early in development, but the core is ready and the foundation is laid to create more Content.

PLANNED FEATURES
- More levels
- More items
- More environmental interaction
- More enemy types
- More nuanced enemy behavior
- More nuanced ground combat, like enemies being able to knock down and execute you
- "Perk" system to spend the cash on

Stay posted for updates! Please report bugs!! Much love <3
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:49:30 AM by 8Points » Logged
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:48:00 AM »

New gif: guys trip when you kick shit into them, and if they're in the middle of an attack they may go flying...

Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 03:53:45 AM »

Sounds fun, so I downloaded latest build and gave it a try.

Controls a bit umm... too much relying on mouse, I found using rmb for block, lmb+rmb for kick and middle button for grabs quite irritating
I'd prefer to use rmb for kick while for block either some keyboard button or lmb+rmb (if there no some kind of special attack planned)
Also attacks lenght is so short =/

8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »

Hey guys! It's been a while, but I've got some new goodies:

- New and real TUTORIAL! Actually learn how to play.
- Redesigned levels! Trying to give a better sense of place.
- A perk system! Choose up to 2 of 5 different perks that change how the game plays.
- GUNS. They're overpowered right now, but still fun to use.
- Music! A couple tracks from The Pillows that should give a better sense of what atmosphere I'm going for.
- New control scheme! Separate buttons for all actions makes it easier to do what you actually want to.
- I didn't mention this before but the 360 gamepad is supported, not sure how it will pick up other types of gamepads yet.
- Were the mop and bucket in the last build? I don't even remember... New weapons: Mop and bucket!!

Download the executable from drewdunaj.itch.io/spf! Cheers!

Oh, if anyone can think of a better name, I'm all ears Tongue

Thanks for playing, Shirsh! Eventually I'll have a system in place for custom controls, but for now you can use E to pick up and throw items. Pinning enemies has been switched to F, and kicking is on Left CTRL. It may not be the best scheme, so let me know if have any other suggestions!
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 04:51:39 AM »

Another update, this time small but crucial: no more game slowdown from blood effects!

Turns out, GameMaker surfaces are a lot easier to implement than I thought they'd be :/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic