Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:53:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: 罪  (Read 2741 times)
dany69burton
Level 0

Do you want a disease?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »

Then there's the Maude Flanders litmus test:  Ask yourself how do you explain this to kids in a way that's truly honest about it without disturbing the hell out of them? 
Why would you quote a character who is a caricature of repressive conservative religion to try and say what is and isn't healthy for society?

░░
███░░
░░░░░
░░███
░░░░░
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 06:33:09 AM »

Fact is, these people are spending less time engaging with the rest of society as a result of their devotion to furry fandom, and in so doing aggravating the symptom of alienation even further by diving headfirst ever deeper into fantasy.  Then there's the Maude Flanders litmus test:  Ask yourself how do you explain this to kids in a way that's truly honest about it without disturbing the hell out of them? 
Escapism isn't a harmful thing at all. It usually has a very tempering effect on people which is why almost everybody has at least one hobby that involves it.

You know, like video games.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 06:44:17 AM »

Escapism is actually detrimental to society and the individual and at best has value only as a short term coping opiate.  When i get home I'll link a guy talking about a famous Tolkien quote for y'all to ponder.

And #notallgames are escapism

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 07:29:22 AM »

Then there's the Maude Flanders litmus test:  Ask yourself how do you explain this to kids in a way that's truly honest about it without disturbing the hell out of them? 
Why would you quote a character who is a caricature of repressive conservative religion to try and say what is and isn't healthy for society?

ya i was wondering that lol.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 07:32:28 AM »

And #notallgames are escapism

and likewise #notallfurries live in some kind of parallel fantasy world. what is your point.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 08:38:35 AM »

well right now it's that escapism is a lot like drugs in that they're ok if really need them and you got it under control but it's not something that should be glorified

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 08:58:38 AM »

huh? i wasn't arguing in favor of escapism lol. i assumed you were going off of kidfingers' post rather than making a more general assertion.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »

naw that was @Torchkas

zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »

I kind of like Tiger because they seem to annoy people that I in turn find annoying. 

Similar to LARPers, people who go fishing or like to build castles from matchsticks they`re totally harmless and make the society a bit more colorful. To be honest I`d dread living in one Schoq proposes, seems rather scary.

"Escapism"  itself is a dangerous catch-all construct, perhaps sometimes it can be a serious psychological condition that needs attention but I got a feeling it`s mostly a large stick used to bash some people for no reason.

I`d also be very interested in hearing what games are notescapism, while we`re at it, and why it is so. This could be good Smiley
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »

I do like to go fishing; I've apparently been in a glass house this whole time

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 12:42:40 PM »

well tbh getting so deep into a hobby that it disconnects you from normal social life is bad regardless of the hobby.

tho i think things like that are often more of a symptom than a cause.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 01:25:49 PM »

They are call workaholics

zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

Yeah sure, but as we all know the reason internet likes to bash furries is not because it cares deeply about their mental wellbeing. Also we don`t know what percentage of them are really gone to that other side and how many are just teens who do it for a laugh.

Anyways. Talking about harming society...I`d rather be concerned about what some MPs/priests/...  hypocrites get up to in their dungeons or dem Hollywood pedophile party rings.

Or...this *shudder*

http://likes.com/weird/meet-the-reallife-barbie-doll
sonder
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 01:54:01 PM »

well tbh getting so deep into a hobby that it disconnects you from normal social life is bad regardless of the hobby.

tho i think things like that are often more of a symptom than a cause.

agreeee
sonder
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »

ya i was wondering that lol.

comedy/hyperbole.  i was just making light.  you know how she goes "will someone PLEASE think of the children?!?!?!"

i mean, people laugh when they hear that on TV, but, i'm actually sincerely worried for today's kids. :/
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 01:58:39 PM »

If you care about kids then stop making video games, its' the main mean of corruption

sonder
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 02:16:33 PM »

I`d also be very interested in hearing what games are notescapism, while we`re at it, and why it is so. This could be good Smiley

i've often wondered if old RPG's made you grind so much because that's what the development cycle is like.
NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 03:03:34 PM »

Wow...one picture of a fox-suit and an extensive ethics discussion ensues.

@MeshGearFox I salute you and your duties of keeping the internet entertaining.

I myself would be in the "live and let live" side of thinking I guess.  Furries are free to fury it up to their hearts content as far as I'm concerned, I highly doubt this is gonna intrude on others lives in any damaging ways if at all.  To their credit furries have been the butt-end of jokes (not entirely unjustified if we're being honest lol) forever and I've yet to even hear of an angry or offended furry... Shrug

Maybe we'll see the first furry president within our lifetimes...could you imagine the mud-slinging commercials in that election period?  The foreign policies amended as our sparkle-dog head of state travels the world on diplomatic duties, the photo-ops as Putin shakes hands with an anthropomorphic skunk thus ending hostilities?

MaryInterGalactic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 06:59:49 AM »

_glitch
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2017, 08:03:05 AM »

u w0t m8
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic