Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:34:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Tutorials"Small Change, Massive Difference" - A Musical Tutorial Series!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: "Small Change, Massive Difference" - A Musical Tutorial Series!  (Read 11452 times)
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »

Woohoo!

Episode 30 of "Small Change, Massive Difference" has arrived! I discuss the benefits of parallel motion (it isn't always a bad thing in the 21st century!) in my latest tutorial video. The track transcribed is "Ganon's Tower" from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, composed by Koji Kondo!

I look forward to any and every comment Smiley
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:00:48 PM by amanfr01 » Logged

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2017, 01:50:36 AM »

My latest video is here!

This entry is all about Oblique Motion, which is fabulous at designating the moving voice, as well as providing a sense of serenity since the music isn't quite as active. Koji Kondo's "Song of Healing," from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is a great example of how effective Oblique Motion can be!

If you're interested in private lessons for any of your personal music needs, my calendar is open for the Summer months! (June/July/August)

It'd be great to work with each and every one of my viewers!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 06:33:28 AM »

Hello, everyone!

My latest video game development music tutorial is all about what makes Wild West music sound like Wild West music. There are a ton of common denominators, and Koji Kondo's "Hidden Village" music from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has many of them combined!

Quite a few folks have contacted me about private lessons for their musical needs over the past few weeks. As of now, my calendar is open for the Summer months! (June/July/August). Let me know if you're interested!

-Tony

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2017, 02:56:57 AM »

Good morning, and Happy April!

This video is all about reharmonizing your themes. Whether it's a major change in harmony, or simply restructuring the harmony you've already established, reharmonization is a fantastic way at creating variety within your track. I demonstrate through Koji Kondo's "Song of Time" from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's a straightforward melody, and I felt it a perfect example as to approaching reharmonization!

My private lessons are still open for the summer months. Let me know if you're interested! It's been a blast so far with my newest students, so do consider!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »

Hello, everyone!

My final video in the series is all about melodic trajectory (or direction). Through Jeremy Soule's "Nerevar Rising" from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, I discuss how the rise and fall of your melody can greatly impact its effectiveness. This video marks the 1-year anniversary of starting the series, as well!

From this point forward, I’ll be focusing my attention on Orchestration Station on a bi-weekly basis, as my private lessons are on the alternate days! However, if you have any questions regarding game music that hasn’t been covered in this series, by all means let me know, as I’m continually taking students for the future.

Thanks for watching everyone! Hopefully you can make it through all 35 episodes!
-Tony

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
redredred
Level 0

Colorful worlds

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »

Holy moly 30 videos about sound design and composition. Channel gold. Holy moly. You need more subs bud and I just became one.
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2017, 05:19:04 AM »

Holy moly 30 videos about sound design and composition. Channel gold. Holy moly. You need more subs bud and I just became one.

Wow, thank you so much! This mainly consists of composition from a theoretical standpoint. However, Akash Thakkar has an INCREDIBLE series on Sound Design. Highly recommended!

(He's the S.D. for Hyper Light Drifter in case you don't recognize the name).

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »

Very relevant to my interests as I'm a non-audio guy and become blind - err, deaf - to these types of things. Tons of content here - thanks for putting these together

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2017, 03:13:01 AM »

Very relevant to my interests as I'm a non-audio guy and become blind - err, deaf - to these types of things. Tons of content here - thanks for putting these together

You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoy them. I have a tangential, but slightly more complicated series, called "Orchestration Station," which helps from a 'coloristic' standpoint in music.

Ultimately, I'm so happy this series is helpful to you! :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic