Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 11:43:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe 1st Annual Tigsource Comicompo
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The 1st Annual Tigsource Comicompo  (Read 12140 times)
dub
Level 0

qnp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 07:42:40 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left That was great Hand Thumbs Up Right
Nice to see all the different styles.
I'd be interested in a next one but judging by what I've read, there already seems to be more than enough people willing to participate.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »

wow.

this was the first thing i saw today.

and it was awesome.

whatever happened to the cover though?

The website is the cover.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »

when's the next one starting? if you say may i'll shoot you, i can't wait another month.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 08:56:24 PM »

May 5th? *shot*

Akatosh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »

If it truly doesn't require any artistic talent (and it's not to late already), I'd like to get in on this, too. 'Tis smells of awesome.
ChevyRay
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

When I get my scanner, I'll definitely jump on the bandwagon too. I love doing comic artwork, and I'm not even half bad at it.

This was really cool, by the way.
Renton
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 09:48:56 AM »

If it truly doesn't require any artistic talent (and it's not to late already), I'd like to get in on this, too. 'Tis smells of awesome.
It has not even started yet.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »

when's the next one starting? if you say may i'll shoot you, i can't wait another month.

Shut the fuck up, the last one took almost a year and you can't wait one MONTH?

The next thread will appear sooner than later, trust me.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »

Yeah, this was really awesome.  After all this time, it felt almost unreal to finally see it... And the dream setting was perfect for things gradually and inexplicably changing!

If you want the next one to go faster, you might be able to do some sort of absurd, iterative splitting thing, where the first page is drawn, then the page halfway through (using the first page as a reference), then halfway between those two pages (using only the each one's previous page), and so on, until you're halfway through the participants, at which points the remaining pages will fill in between each page using the pages on both sides as reference...

Something like this:
1->2
1->3 2->3
1->4 3->4 2->4 3->4
1->5<-4->5<-3->5<-4->5<-2->5<-4->5<-3->5<-4->5

...which would take fewer cycles (as more people could work simultaneously), but probably get a different sort of result (as the pages would be iteratively linked to one another in an unusual way).  Plus, it's a pretty absurd idea.

...but it's a thought.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »

I like your idea, Fifth! The resulting comic might end up being uniquely non-linear.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »

this would be fun I guess
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »

A nonlinear comic would indeed be great.

Fuzz
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »

Yeah, this was really awesome.  After all this time, it felt almost unreal to finally see it... And the dream setting was perfect for things gradually and inexplicably changing!

If you want the next one to go faster, you might be able to do some sort of absurd, iterative splitting thing, where the first page is drawn, then the page halfway through (using the first page as a reference), then halfway between those two pages (using only the each one's previous page), and so on, until you're halfway through the participants, at which points the remaining pages will fill in between each page using the pages on both sides as reference...

Something like this:
1->2
1->3 2->3
1->4 3->4 2->4 3->4

...which would take fewer cycles (as more people could work simultaneously), but probably get a different sort of result (as the pages would be iteratively linked to one another in an unusual way).  Plus, it's a pretty absurd idea.

...but it's a thought.
...What? Huh?
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

Dear anyone that wanted to participate in the next comicompo,

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6093.0

Love,
me.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

That was epic.

The last page made me rofl hard.

Liefield is a hack.

Renton you are my hero.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 03:09:16 AM »

Something like this:
1->2
1->3 2->3
1->4 3->4 2->4 3->4

...but it's a thought.

And last of all there should be a page that connects the last page with the first one, so the comic can be circle-read for eternity Tears of Joy
Renton
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 03:14:23 AM »

That was epic.

The last page made me rofl hard.

Liefield is a hack.

Renton you are my hero.
Manhugs to you, too, mate.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic