Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:04:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesCrypt of the Necrodancer -- other Real-time turn based games?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crypt of the Necrodancer -- other Real-time turn based games?  (Read 618 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: May 08, 2016, 05:25:39 AM »

Any other games with pseudo-real time turn based games, where you move in turns on a rhythm?

I'm hoping to find an example of a multiplayer game that does this. Thanks!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »

i'm trying really really hard to think of something, but i'm drawing a blank. as far as i'm concerned, necrodancer is unique.

it's not exactly what you're asking for, but maybe you want to try some board games with real time elements? space alert and galaxy trucker are great.
JWK5
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »

Very similar to the movement in Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (1 & 2, NDS), Azure Dreams (PS1), Torneko: The Last Hope (PS1), Shiren the Wanderer (SNES, NDS, etc.), and Lufia (1 & 2, SNES). While all but Lufia 1 & 2 (which are a JRPGs) are "roguelites", the dungeons in Lufia 1 & 2 play out a lot like the others (and in Lufia 2 there actually is a roguelite type dungeon that is randomized each time you enter). Anyways, they all have a rhythmic sort of movement (at least in the dungeons of Lufia 1 & 2) where when the player takes a step and then the characters/enemies/etc. take a step.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »

what you're describing is just standard roguelike movement haha
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »

the only thing that comes remotely close is nova-111. not quite the same, but a hybrid of real-time and turn-based movement. pretty interesting game.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »

the only thing that comes remotely close is nova-111. not quite the same, but a hybrid of real-time and turn-based movement. pretty interesting game.

Yes, thank you!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic