Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:06:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Miners - game based on Amiga Diggers from 1993 (Greenlight)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Miners - game based on Amiga Diggers from 1993 (Greenlight)  (Read 1100 times)
nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:47:14 PM »

The Miners is a game inspired by Diggers - one of the best Amiga games released in 1993 by Millenium.

Player leads team of 5 miners, who mines deeper and deeper for precious gems and other treasures. Excavations are performed on a small, but very rich in raw materials, planet called Morg. It is a perfect place for mining. Varied topography and beautiful scenery encourages for digging. Everyday, miners find lots of rubies, emeralds, gold, diamonds and other treasures which they have to give back to the owner of all mines. One day, The Mine - owner of all mines on the planet, announced competition for the best mining team. Winner will receive the first prize - one of the richest mines on the planet! Additionally, winning team will keep for their own all treasures found during competition. Why dig a whole life for The Mine, if you can dig for yourself and become the richest miner on the planet?!

However, victory will not come so easy. You will have to beat other teams and watch out for many hostile creatures who live in the caves. You will also have to cope with the mines itself, as they are placed in really wild and inaccessible places. Luckily, competition rules allows to use various tools like explosives, mobile teleport or advanced mining tools.

Don’t waste your time and send your application to the competition today!

Game features:

• campaign and “free play” modes (20 maps)
  • 4 unique races with their own characteristics
  • 5 mine graphic sets
  • 21 precious gems to dig and to sell in the bank
  • 6 advanced tools to buy in the shop
  • 72 achievements to get
  • 3 ways to control miners
  • hand-drawn pictures
  • map and campaign editor included
  • half-open game construction*

Please see below game trailer to see how the game look like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Miners Trailer

Game is not available for download yet. It has been submitted recently to a Steam Greenlight and it is awaiting community votes. If you like my project, please visit game Steam account - you will find there detailed description and screenshots which are in much better quality than provided trailer.

The Miners on Steam Greenlight

If you still like my project could you please vote on YES? Thank you very much in advance.

Two game screenshots to have a quick view on it (sorry, I didn't managed to resize them using BBCode):

*Game is based on external files. This means, that game users cannot change game code, but they can interfere with its content. Anyone will be able to create and add something to the game, and distribute it to friends. You can add your own miners race, mine graphic set, gems set, item set, etc. In combination with attached map and campaign editor this creates opportunity to make unique single mines or even whole campaigns, filled with various items to look for.

Any comments are highly welcomed Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:27:00 PM by nornik81 » Logged
neutonm
Level 0

Elusive Slacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 06:16:48 AM »

Voted for yer game, Nornik.

I remember playing diggers back in time and i love it. There were few inconveniences in original game but judging by description you actually fixed it.

Graphics are simple but i like it; The bank characters are funny and definitely scores for the game.It sure gives some mood to it. What did you use to develop this game? (tools/software, language, libraries?) and how long it took to complete it?

Also, it may take some time over there... if you don't mind that much, care to drop a demo via PM? It sure looks interesting Smiley

nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM »

Thank you for first comment Neutonm Smiley

I also played Diggers very long time ago, and this was one of my favorite Amiga games (next to UFO:Enemy Unknown).

Game was made using Multimedia Fusion 2 (to be honest I don't know any programming language, like C++ or Java). Almost everything was done by myself (graphics, animations, coding, creating maps, etc), and that is why it took me quite long time to complete the game. It was in total... 4 years. But last year was waiting for sound effects and music (these two I have to order externally), polishing some errors and details. So, main development took 3 years.

These were long 4 years, but I have lots of fun while doing it. And of course I felt great satisfaction when I finished my game :D

As for the demo. I don't have any demo currently. I'm thinking about this, but I cannot promise there will be any (it simply may be hard for me to "reduce" the game to demo level). But I'm also looking for other possibilities, not only on Steam, so official release may be sooner than Green Light on Steam. We will see what happen Smiley

If you like you can also visit FB page of my game Smiley

The Miners on Facebook
nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »

Ok boys and girls! It is a time to grab good shovel or pickaxe and dig some tunnels in your mine! Mine deeper and deeper looking for precious gems and other resources like gold or silver. Do you know what does it mean?

Yes! Game is finally officially released! :D

You can buy it on Indie Game Stand store, or by using buy widget placed on my newly created small portfolio website. I encourage you to use this second option as simply more % of the price will reach me. Please see below links.

Hope you will have so much fun playing my game as I while working on it.

---------

1. Buy game at Indie Game Stand

2. Buy game at my website using widget

---------
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:58:46 PM by nornik81 » Logged
nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 01:52:20 PM »

If someone is not able to buy game at IGS, on my website occurred new way to buy it using Humble Bundle widget.

Buy game at my website using Humble Bundle widget
nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »

Hello!

I thought about this quite a long time, but finally I decided to try and make a demo version of The Miners. I was worried about successfully limit my game without any injury to game code, but I think I manged to do this.

The Miners Demo contains 2 playable races and 2 maps (+tutorial map). Additionally some achievements have been allowed. It provides good view on a gameplay before you make a final decision to buy a game.

You can download it at IndieDB on below link. Hope you will like it!

---

The Miners Demo download
nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 01:35:08 PM »

I wanted to share with you with very happy news, that my game has received greenlight on Steam! Yes! It will be available on Steam store on October 4th.
You can go to the store using below link:

The Miners on Steam

Thank you to all who vote for my game! If you have any questions please let me know Smiley
nornik81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »

The Miners is taking part in Winter Sale on Steam. It is a great chance to get a copy on really nice discount! You can go to the Steam store using below link:

The Miners on Steam with REALLY NICE discount!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic