Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:22:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer looking to help (primarily) artists create games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking to help (primarily) artists create games  (Read 829 times)
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2016, 10:23:57 AM »

I'm also decent at design but I think everyone would say that about themselves and it didn't fit in the title.  The "primarily" means I'm happy to help designers, musicians etc. but I have no artistic talent so we'll still be stuck on that front.

Before I talk for a little bit here's some things I've worked on or am working on.

Firstly, a game I created as part of a 72 hour gamejam.  The theme was Shapeshift, I think it turned out pretty well!

https://levelupjordan.itch.io/amoebattles-updated

This is a prototype of an arcadey platformer shmup thing, I was going for a Vlambeer theme. The mix and match loadout thing was lifted directly from Luftrausers.  There are 5 primary weapons, 5 secondary weapons, and 5 movement abilities (125 combinations) in the game.  Please read the description if you want to unlock them quickly.  Apologies about the mishmash of odd art, I was never able to find an artist to help.

And finally something I'm currently working on. A fairly simple (mechanically speaking) game, but I think pretty visually appealing.   Currently only the top character is playable, please excuse the filler text at the bottom, that's temporary.

[url=https://levelupjordan.itch.io/secret2

Anything we created worth selling I'd be happy to rev share of course, but mostly I'm interested in just making something  good!  I currently have lots of spare time so want to make the most of it.

I have a few concepts and ideas floating around, but ideallly if there's a game you really want to make I'd be happy to take a backseat in the game design department.

Comment, PM me here, skype me at Levelupjordan, or email me at [email protected] if you'd like to talk more!

Jordan
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:03:23 AM by LevelUpJordan » Logged
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »

Quick update to change a few incorrect links and hopefully give this a bump as I've a lot of free time right now.

Jordan
mfoulks200
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »

Sent a message on skype if you're still looking
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic