Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:36:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID through Kickstarter] - Story-driven RPG Seeking Concept Artist!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID through Kickstarter] - Story-driven RPG Seeking Concept Artist!  (Read 712 times)
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

Hello, TIGSource!

Myself (composer/sound designer), Gerhard Botha (software engineer/programmer), and Lee Williams (writer) are creating a new discovery-centric, story-driven RPG. Thematically, we're aiming to create a world with a Nordic flair without deriving any source material. In other words, highly original with loose inspiration from Norse mythology.

"What's the gist of the game"?

We want to create an open-world, story-driven RPG with an emphasis on exploration. That being said, we're not aiming to have fully fleshed-out 3D cutscenes like The Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed. In fact, we're planning on making the main story cutscenes 2D, similar to the Banner Saga or some cutscenes in Guild Wars 2. As a concept artist, we hope to have someone who wants to be deeply involved in the game making process. That is to say, we are not looking for someone to make backdrops for models and say "good-bye" to the whole development process. The game itself is in its very early stages, and we hope to find a core member who is passionate to run with us through the entire course of the project, establishing the scope of the project through its story. Animation is a plus, but not required.

For early tech demos, please visit Gerhard's original post on the game here at this link. They are stock assets, but give a basic feel of what we'd like to accomplish, stylistically.

"What do I send you?"

Firstly, you are not obligated to make us any sketches based on the following character description. I am putting the first protagonist outline (written by Lee Williams) for the sake of context, so that you can send us relevant portfolio material. Feel free to make a sketch specific to this if you really want to, however; I won't discourage any extra efforts! If you choose to send a sketch based upon this information, you have our word that you retain all of the rights.

Scyld is a tall, heavily-built man in his late 50s, from a world in which few people reach that age. He has been a farmer, sailor, trader and warrior over the course of his life.
He has known great hardship and tragedy and this is reflected in his appearance – his scarred and weather-beaten skin, the tensed lines of his face. There is no room for luxury or vanity in his life anymore and his purely functional clothes and equipment match his practical attitude. The one exception is the embroidered pouch he wears around his neck.

Scyld comes from a culture which is loosely Nordic in inspiration (although it need not follow this aesthetic too closely) but he has been exiled from his homeland for many years and is only now returning. In the interim he has travelled widely and his dress and accoutrements will probably borrow from a range of very different cultures. Again, this will not be a matter of cosmetics but instead Scyld will have adopted equipment, weaponry and items of clothing that he has found to be useful.

Scyld is wary of making emotional connections and prefers to keep to himself. He is a wanderer and carries on his person everything he needs to survive.

"Who do I contact?"

Me! This is a link to my email, which is [email protected]. Private messages on here work, as well. Or even direct messages on my twitter.

I look forward to speak to everyone interested! Have a good rest of your day Smiley

Best wishes,
Tony

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic