Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:01:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRombo, my new 3D first person action Flash game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rombo, my new 3D first person action Flash game  (Read 2279 times)
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:54:01 AM »

At a couple of threads here and way too many times in tigirc, i mentioned a raycasting engine i was working on called RayFaster. Well, guess what. After a few months of stuffing around with haXe i turned this into a game of some sorts.

The story of the game is as follows
Quote from: the story
You are the apprentice of the great Wizard*, sent in the unholy lands to recover the Black Rombo from the hands of the evil mage's castle. In your journey through the lands, you'll encounter several creatures in evil mage's service. Do not think twice before sending them to meet their creator; these are damned souls, lost forever in the realm from where the evil mage came and transformed an once healthy place to a dead zone where only the darkest entities enter.

This isn't only your test to prove yourself worthy of the great Wizard's trust, but also the beginning of a great quest to restore the scourged land to its former status.

(*=not this one Wizard)

(sorry for possible grammar mistakes -tell me if you find any- English isn't my native language)

Here is the game: http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/
A Screenshot

Can you find this?  Durr...?

There are some issues to be expected and i plan to add extra levels at some point as "addons" (playable from my server of course) or even add the ability to save levels on the server so people can make their own, although this requires some modifications to both the editor and the engine (but its a nice idea :-P).

Currently there are five levels and a bunch of monsters, but new levels will be added soon (and the story is open enough to allow for this :-).

Anyway. Comments? :-)

~bs~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic