Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:49:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLocomancer [VR Model Trains] - Vive/Rift+Touch [Released on Steam/itch]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: Locomancer [VR Model Trains] - Vive/Rift+Touch [Released on Steam/itch]  (Read 36709 times)
CobaltHusky93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2016, 05:22:26 AM »

I would vote for more content at this time. I don't have anyone currently on my friends list that has a vive that I would be able to play with. Not saying it shouldn't be in the game for sure; but at this point I personally would be unable to use it unless I found someone to play with.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »

What about if I added non-vr support first?
joonasmv
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2016, 05:48:32 AM »

Not sure if non-VR support would work for this game, considering all the interactions.

I think that if you're going to add non-VR support, maybe do it after most of the content is done? That way, you don't have to test everything to see if it works in VR and normal mode.
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2016, 01:24:37 PM »

Oh damn, seems like I've missed a bunch of posts!

Oooo canyon-y
Oooo mine-y
Oooo colours... -y

I do like the idea of multiplayer but like cobalt said, have no one on my friends list who has a vive, so more content would be nice!
PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »

This looks like a lot of fun! I will try it as soon as we get our Vive!

Twitter: @pbergmar
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »

Content it is.
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2016, 02:49:13 AM »

Content it is.

Monorail, monorail, monorail, monorail!
joonasmv
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »

It would be awesome if we had some DMU's or EMUs! Also, why not a subway train for the underground tracks? And a subway station, too.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2016, 04:14:47 PM »

It would be awesome if we had some DMU's or EMUs! Also, why not a subway train for the underground tracks? And a subway station, too.

I've been planning on adding some of these starting with BART since that's my local light rail. Unfortunately, I realized that I'm going to have to rerewrite the coupling code that I just rewrote last week in order to support multiple powered vehicles linked together.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2016, 02:11:33 AM »

I got multi-engine trains working. It was less than straightforward because any engine needs to be able to set the speed and braking power of all the other engines linked to it.

CobaltHusky93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2016, 05:37:03 AM »

Awesome! Multiple trains are one of my favorite features when it comes to just railroading in general. Glad you were able to find a fix for it! Is that being pushed later today, or will that come with a future update?

I forgot that I wanted to do something that can't really be achieved when recording and that's what you expect in terms of performance for the game. I have to do some more intensive testing but when I was recording the last episode ( The Bob Ross Update ) I believe I had super sampling set to 1.3 on my system, and I have an i7 6700K, 980ti Classified edition, & 16GB of RAM. During some scenes and just moving around, I noticed a lot of stuttering in the headset that it seemed it couldn't keep up with some of the actions that I was performing. One that I can remember is when I shot the cannon at the diesel locomotive, it took a bit of a dive in performance, which is tough to see in the video.

Now, I'm not sure what other settings I could give you, or perhaps specific maps and examples that you could have me try to see how performance is affect by different actions or having multiple trains, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm recording at the same time with OBS. I'd really like to do more tests with it but I am unsure what steps to take to try and find performance levels that I can get the highest quality when I record videos, but also maybe make some recommended settings with Super Sampling and all that in the meantime.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2016, 05:26:08 PM »

Awesome! Multiple trains are one of my favorite features when it comes to just railroading in general. Glad you were able to find a fix for it! Is that being pushed later today, or will that come with a future update?

It'll go out with the next content update.

I forgot that I wanted to do something that can't really be achieved when recording and that's what you expect in terms of performance for the game. I have to do some more intensive testing but when I was recording the last episode ( The Bob Ross Update ) I believe I had super sampling set to 1.3 on my system, and I have an i7 6700K, 980ti Classified edition, & 16GB of RAM. During some scenes and just moving around, I noticed a lot of stuttering in the headset that it seemed it couldn't keep up with some of the actions that I was performing. One that I can remember is when I shot the cannon at the diesel locomotive, it took a bit of a dive in performance, which is tough to see in the video.

Now, I'm not sure what other settings I could give you, or perhaps specific maps and examples that you could have me try to see how performance is affect by different actions or having multiple trains, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm recording at the same time with OBS. I'd really like to do more tests with it but I am unsure what steps to take to try and find performance levels that I can get the highest quality when I record videos, but also maybe make some recommended settings with Super Sampling and all that in the meantime.

I don't run anything with super sampling so I can't give you any advice on the best values for performance. I started using shadowplay instead of OBS for recordings because it seems to have a lower impact on performance. Additionally, I still haven't done a real performance pass on the game. There's a good chance that the paint update had adverse effects of performance, but I haven't looked to closely yet. I can say that the artillery explosion does cause a severe fps drop because again I haven't looked at tweaking it yet.
CobaltHusky93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 25, 2016, 06:16:35 PM »

I'll give Shadowplay a try next content update, or do some testing on my own time.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2016, 12:42:21 AM »

I'm going to be out of town for the next few days which will push the next update further back. I decided to upload a completely untested build to a new branch named "minefield." This includes support for MU trains and a mostly complete, but cabless, BART car. So you can ride it, but you can only drive it with the remote. I plan on adding at least one cabful car for the final version of this update.

CobaltHusky93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2016, 05:36:57 AM »

Wow! The models of the trains that you're doing just get better and better.

That's looking superb!
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2016, 07:01:13 AM »

oooo new cool things! I hope the doors on that will open eventually
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »

Wow! The models of the trains that you're doing just get better and better.

That's looking superb!

Thanks! I guess the advantage of needing the models is that I don't give up immediately when they aren't coming out the way I want. Though I think the Porter model came out better. That might be because BART doesn't have much in the way of external defining features.

oooo new cool things! I hope the doors on that will open eventually

That's the plan and why I say "mostly"  done.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2016, 02:46:26 AM »

W-what!? Engineer Baby is evolving!

Engineer Baby has evolved into Locomancer!

I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to realize that this should be my Halloween costume...

I asked my mom if she had a striped sheet I could borrow for a cape and she offered to make me one if I found the fabric. Her local fabric store happened to have the two fabrics pictured which were perfect (even if the inner blue is a bit light for a dark wizard). I didn't have the cape at the time of the first picture and didn't get anyone to take a picture for me when I had it, but hopefully I'll get a chance later this week.
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2016, 02:49:23 AM »

Omg, that is purrfect! We are definitely gonna need a cape in game somehow now!
CobaltHusky93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:15 PM »

Agreed, I want to wear the cape and hat in game! It should be an unlockable or something.

That's an amazing costume idea. I didn't even think about a Locomancer being the title of a person. That's super rad!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic