Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411484 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:16:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHeed Warz
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heed Warz  (Read 895 times)
fab
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »

Heed Warz is a shooter that in includes orbs that drawn in the corpses of enemies to grow and eventually multiply if they get big enough.

Play it on Itch.io

I wanted to make something bad happen once you kill an enemy that would distract you and this is what I come up with.

Let me know what you think.

chances_r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 05:58:16 AM »

Nice little arcade game.  I tried the browser version.  Good for some mindless shooting.  After a few tries I got up to 70+ kills before dying.  Seems like the best strategy is just moving left-right along the bottom of the screen, and shooting constantly at anything that moves.

It wasn't clear whether there was any limit to my ammo.  Or any powerups...stuff like that.  So it might be worth considering adding some features like that, to give the gameplay some variety and re-play value.  But it's pretty fun as it is.

The graphics are rather basic.  So having more visual appeal might be good.  But games like this don't really need them.  I'm just musing...

Overall it's pretty good.  But I think this has more potential if you give it some variety.  Or not.  It's fun right now.

EDIT: spelling
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:05:56 AM by chances_r » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 03:29:02 PM »

I agree with chances_r, add waves and power ups so it doesn't get tiring.

AlphaOG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:37:06 PM »

Lol, this is preety fun if you dont have any other game to play GG
GameTester
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »

Hello i played your game and recorded it here is the clip

Things i like
 - Challenging             
 - Simple to jump in and play

Things i didn't like
 - Big number was distracting
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 12:42:38 PM »

This is fun so far!  The game feels nice and poppy and I like the various effects when you hit an enemy.

The orb is a really cool mechanic, but I'd like to see it expanded more.  So far I've gotten to ~70 kills and the orb only started to become a threat past 60 or so kills.  It would be nice if it grew more quickly or moved faster, so it's more of a threat even early on.  It might also be cool if it interacts in some way with living enemies, like making it so if the orb hits an enemy, the enemy becomes more powerful.  Basically, play up the importance of the orb.

I'd also say add more enemy types.  

You might also want to add some feedback effects for when the orb absorbs dead enemies.  Like maybe a little concentric circle closing in on the orb, or at least a small sound effect.

(I had a thing about there not being sound effects here before, but it turns out I had something plugged into my speaker's auxiliary port, so I just wasn't getting audio from my computer   Who, Me?)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:51:36 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Jisan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 05:58:54 AM »

That song is so god damn baddass!!  Kiss
NEM907
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »

Game is nice and simple love that. I think you can add mini health bars above (or below) the enemy's to show how much health they have left. SMB Mario
KrilltheKill
Level 0

Shiz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 08:13:26 AM »

It's a pretty cool game, nice as a time breaker. If you were able to adapt the controls over to mobile, I could see it getting a pretty good reception there.

pilvik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 08:27:47 AM »

It is a simple and fun game. I really like moving background, it really adds up with the game and gives it more depth.
At some point got boring though, might need randomised powerups.

willtrax
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »

I liked it.  Stylistically interesting and effective.  Felt a little cramped with the deactivated enemies on screen and you might get more playtime if the difficulty ramped a little more slowly.
fab
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 11:30:33 AM »

I think power ups would of been good.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic