Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:24:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSeeking co-founder for studio opening with a major asynchronous shmup
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking co-founder for studio opening with a major asynchronous shmup  (Read 466 times)
RocketEthereal
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »

Hey all,

I'm seeking a hardcore developer who wants in on an ambitious iOS project (with support on Android, PC and consoles to follow the initial success). There will be no obligation on your part until I get us funding - I have already spoken with an investor who's impressed by the product deck, but I need someone to get in on this as a partner in order to bolster my chances of acquiring capital.

The project in question will be a massively multiplayer asynchronous vertically-scrolling shooter in which players must build a ship with which they raid other players' AI defense grids, and protect their own wealth with their own grid. The minimum viable product will feature extremely simple 5-part ship / drone customization, a ~75-level campaign, a vertical progression system, socially-focused retention (energy bars and premium timers? Forget it), and basic attack/defend multiplayer functionality with detailed stat tracking.

My beginning goal is to raise enough funds to sustain myself and pay a $50k salary to the right developing partner, alongside hiring or contracting sound engineering, network administration, voice acting, and graphic design. This position will likely be located in the greater Denver area, but nothing's on paper yet but the product deck so we have time to talk about things.

I don't know a ton about this process yet, but I'm learning, and there is no liability to you if you agree until we actually kick the business off. What I am an expert on is games as a whole and the iOS market in particular. This project will fill a gaping hole in the market and I fully expect it to top the US app store with the right talent. I am a lifelong gamer with published work on great game design and ~3,000 games across PC, console, handheld, smartphone, and social site platforms. I've played on a competitive team in Team Fortress 2 and I'm currently heading up my own for Overwatch, but I also understand how to appeal to the large casual market.

This is going to be big, and I've got the drive to win. Message me and comment here if you're interested.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic