Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:35:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProject Ozmeed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Ozmeed  (Read 854 times)
DRAGONMASTER412
Level 0

2nd Year games dev college student, Java 7+ years

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Luke, I am 18 years of age, I am a level 3 games development college student. I am very friendly and open to new ideas. MyI am an experienced programmer with 7+ years experience in Java and 3+ years in C#. I can also programming in a variaty of different programming languages.
My twitter is DRAGONMASTER412

If I may have a moment of your time to pitch my game idea titled "Ozmeed" otherly known as "Project Ozneed"

I have been planning the game the for about 8 months; recently hearing the closure of Lion Head Studios (who made fable) motivated me to finally start writing the game.

It will be written in Unity using C#

There is me and another guy called Gerald working on this game but we can not do it alone we need your help.
We are looking for:
* More programmers
* concept artistsbto visualise the world, objects and characters
* sound engineers to help produce sound for the game
* 3D modelers to make the concept art objects and characters a reality
* Level designers
* Game designers

The game is inspired by the Fable series and the target audience is Fable fans
I understand how Kong this project will take, I understand the risks and take onto account the challenges.

The game concept is the following:
1) Present the play with an epic story that takes them though the major points in the world.
2) I want the game to have a dark story but bright visuals.
3) Character development will be though a 'Moral System' depending on their choices of right and wrong (this'd be identified by how NPC's will act around the player)
4) Completely open world, I do not want a linear world.
5) I want full character customization, clothes, face, hair, body shape, muscle etc.
6) Looking deeper into the narrative i would say it'd be linear (with optional side activities) BUT choice based so narrative is based around the choices the player makes.
7) The ending would roughly end in the same place, just the ending will be a little different due to the players choices and actions.

If that makes it any easier to picture.

This is the game s story so far:

The player starts as a farmer's son, living on the family's homestead with his father and two siblings. While working the fields, the father uncovers an ancient artifact and decides to travel to the city to have it appraised. He takes the two younger siblings and leaves the player to keep track of the farm. The next day the player awakens to discover that his father was murdered. His siblings are returned to him and he now has the responsibility of taking care of his two younger siblings. Flash forward and now the player is an adolescent. The farm has fallen on hard times and the player finds himself on the road to town to ask for reprieve on the loan. He discovers an old man on the road being harassed by bandits. The player steps in and strikes down the antagonist. The old man reveals himself to be wealthy and upon discovering the player's hardships, offers to buy the farm, with the caveat that he be allowed to establish a headquarters for his order on the property. When the player asks about the order, the old man holds back the information. Fast forward another year and the player is in late adolescence. The old man has been on the property for a time, living in a small shack, taking visitors from time to time. One day, one of the visitors is garbed from head to toe in armor and mistakes the player for a member of the old man's order and begins rambling to him about an "ancient evil". Perplexed, the player confronts the old man and he admits that he was trying to establish a fighting company on the property, in order to combat an ancient evil that had been awakened by the artifact found on the player's farm years ago. The player accepts an offer to be trained by the old man and the armor clad knight. From there the player would quest to build up the fighting company, and work towards bringing down the evil that his father died for. This would give us several opportunities. We'd have a parallel to the heroes guild that the player could then build and develop, upgrades and new recruits and the like. This would also give us a platform for a reputation system, allowing for high level hirelings being only available to a "guild" with a higher reputation.

If my project interests you contact me on [email protected]

Thank you for your time .
 Kind regards,
  Luke

DRAGONMASTER412

Decoreo(C) 2012 - 2014

All Rights Reserved

www.decoreo.weebly.com
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »

Okay, so...  Aside from the fact that you've posted a duplicate thread in the wrong forum section after your first thread (in the same wrong forum section) got a negative response.  I understand that the negative response was fairly rude and dismissive, but that is mostly because you are not the first person posting a thread in the wrong section asking for free work (hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars worth of free work) on a massive, out-of-scope dream project. 

It's hard enough to get one or two people to collaborate with you on a short-term project, especially if you don't have a solid portfolio of finished (and successful) games.  What you're proposing here is building an entire game studio based on an idea to make a game similar to another game that cost millions of dollars to make.

My suggestion to you is to either...

A) Use your degree and experience to get a programming job at an existing game studio.  You won't be working on your own project, but you'll be working on something the scope of what you want to be working on

or

B) If you want to go the independent route, focus on much smaller, much more manageable projects that you can complete with only one or two people (preferably, at least at the start, projects small enough that you can complete them within a few months).  Be active in the community here, get feedback on your games and hone your craft, and to get the word out there about your work (posting, of course, in the proper forum sections.  DevLog for posting threads about games in progress, Playtesting for getting feedback on playable builds).

DRAGONMASTER412
Level 0

2nd Year games dev college student, Java 7+ years

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:40:11 AM »

Sorry that I posted it in the same place. I can't seem to delete my other thread (which I do want deleted)

All my smaller projects just went unnoticed so ive decided to launch a big one.

Sorry for any inconviences

DRAGONMASTER412

Decoreo(C) 2012 - 2014

All Rights Reserved

www.decoreo.weebly.com
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 11:01:57 AM »

You posted this thread in the wrong place. You need to post in the Devlog section.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »

i actually moved it here lol. it's not a devlog, so why would it be in devlogs?

unless you're either really lucky or have really good connections, all of your early projects are going to go unnoticed. that's how it is.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:06:09 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 02:15:54 PM »

Hey at least his pitch is a lot better this time.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »

i mean, the problem is, your game is still way out of scope for an indie game. it's hard enough for an indie to keep a team together and it's doubly hard when you can't pay them. especially if it's over multiple years (which this IS going to take if it ever takes off) AND it's a clone of a successful AAA game (as alec said). fair enough, you made a small functional terraria-esque game and that's a good start, but just the programming side of things tends to get exponentially more complex the bigger your project gets. you need to find ways of managing and maintaining huge amounts of code etc. not to mention asset production, level design and other things.

my suggestion would be to build some smaller projects, maybe ones that contain some aspect of your dream project, so you can slowly work towards finally making it a reality (for instance make a small adventure game that features a fable-esque morality system, a melee combat game etc). that way you could "prototype" your dream project while at the same time releasing standalone games.

my dream project used to be a traditional roguelike. i made a bunch of games that feature dungeon crawling and/or procgen in some form over multiple years before i finally had the necessary skills and experience to pull it off. and your project is much bigger than mine, like 10 times bigger. of course it's possible that you're much more talented than me, but even then...
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 04:30:02 PM »

i actually moved it here lol. it's not a devlog, so why would it be in devlogs?

I thought the point of it was to promote the development of the game, oops

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 12:20:06 AM »

Have you tried launching a smaller project as a product instead of just putting it o the internet?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic