Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:40:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWARCUBE - [╯°□°]╯︵ ☐
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: WARCUBE - [╯°□°]╯︵ ☐  (Read 7353 times)
Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 01:28:19 PM »

Thanks Davi! Your MUSIC sounds cool btw Tongue :D  Coffee

Thank you, kind sir!  Gentleman

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 01:15:10 PM »

The slowdown is magnificent. More combat-based games need that "300-esque" slowdown. It's just so satisfying!
AHH! :D Thank you much! Haha yeah it's kind of a 300/John Woo lovechild Wink I'm such a sucker for it! Big Laff

So what is this about?
It's just your classic cube brawler! Wink but really. It's an acrobatic combat driven game, with subtle tactical elements across the main sandbox campaign.

[Following] This looks like it'll be great fun to play.
Thank you! :D I keep catching myself playing it... that's a good sign right??  Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key

Really nice slow mo! Is this in Unreal? If so do you use global time dilation to achieve the slow down? Also loving the monkeyball vibe with the checked ground.
Using Unity actually :D but hey you had a 50/50 shot right? Wink and yeah there's a global manager that dynamically controls the slomo/action speed ramps. Thank you! :D And seriously, that checker floor is SUCH a life saver. It was left over from when the game started out as battle chess... but ended up being the only way to really feel your traveling distance Tongue

hahah alright, I spit up some coffee on reading this! :D warcube used as a verb?? I'm so on board for this haha :D and let's be honest... did anyone even like Jerry? Or was it Gary? Wink (parks and rec eh eh?)

"Oh god Jerry you can't even get your own name right."

Classic. Also yes to Warcube as a verb!
Hahah Jerry is such a classic joke to me now Wink and YES! Warcube as a verb! So dig  Big Laff

Gameplay looks nice and fast-paced.

So what's the game all about?
It is! But because of the speed ramping/slow mo it kind of adds a super subtle, institutional-tactics element to it Smiley like juuust slow enough for your mind to say "okay evade that bastard, dome that guy off the bridge and reverse mele the sucker running at you" :D so it's an acrobatic combat driven game, super set on situational fun. With a world map to explore, and loose tactics that can influence how you play certain levels. Prepping a post for it! :D

michael_88
Level 0

hello

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 06:27:57 PM »

Love it, looks super clean and responsive! The question remains, tho... why are these cubes so angry?? Is war the only answer, truly?  Tongue

X P E T S    |    F I L T H Y  B E A R    |    P E S T
FatalSleep
Level 0

Game Developer using GM!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »

I saw the email signup--definitely interested. Make sure to keep me posted!

The game looks awesome.
craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »

Love it, looks super clean and responsive! The question remains, tho... why are these cubes so angry?? Is war the only answer, truly?  Tongue

Hahah this made me laugh :D and thank you! :D It's super responsive but with juuuust enough leeway to let you plan out an awesome tactic Tongue

I saw the email signup--definitely interested. Make sure to keep me posted!

The game looks awesome.
AHH! I just sent out my first email blast like minutes ago! :D :D I used mailchimp (not sponsored I swear Tongue I just love Radiolab and million other podcasts) and right before you press the button to send the email it gives you a GIf that looks like this with the title "Are you sure?" Tongue

crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »

this looks dip dang decent

Caravan: devlog | website
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 07:17:30 AM »

Looks Rad!! Love this  My Word!

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 12:26:41 PM »

Looks Rad!! Love this  My Word!

Thank you! :D :D that makes me pumped!  Cheesy

this looks dip dang decent

+1 for the 'dip-dang' haha  Hand Shake Right  Cheesy

Late Update # 3 - Trailer! (and passed Steam Greenlight)
Crazy late on this one Smiley but WARCUBE got passed Steam Greenlight last month! Totally wild ride Smiley am super excited! :D I mean I know thousands of people have gotten the email from Valve saying, 'Hey, you! You can now sell this on Steam!', it was pretty surreal reading it Wink

Final Greenlight Stats! :D

I was pretty entertained by the Greenlight system. I know they've mentioned their phasing it out, so I'm super curious what to! :D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:37:59 PM by craigz » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »

Congratulatioooooooons! So awesome! Happy Greenlit day :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
outspacer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »

Looks great! Love the slow down effect, and something about cubes bleeding smaller cubes makes me happy.
craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »

Congratulatioooooooons! So awesome! Happy Greenlit day :D

hahah I know we've been emailing haha but I wanted to make sure I responded on here too! :D :D  Cheesy

Looks great! Love the slow down effect, and something about cubes bleeding smaller cubes makes me happy.

AHH!! Thank you :D it means a lot to me Smiley and I mean let's be honest, tiny blood cubes was the only logical thing to do haha :D  Coffee

craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 05:10:40 PM »

Late Update # 4 - Money!

Super sporadic updates over here Smiley I'm honestly convinced nobody get's anything done  in summer Wink

BUT! Been getting lot's of the core gameplay loop mechanics down, and of course, that includes MONEY, erm.. rather, gold, cube-ish coins.  Wizard

In locations players can primarily get money by:

• killing enemies (low amount)
  • finding mini chests (med amount)
  • finding one of the level collectible chests (high amount)

It's super fun to watch the coins follow the player, I'm a sucker for things like that :D

But right now they dont die on collision, so they build up in the player. So when  you do an attack.. they go flying  Big Laff

A literal cash cow.

More soon! Including level checkpoint banners and playing with fire! :D

Oats
Level 1

High starch content.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »

looks interesting, congratulations on being greenlit.

eh
jmas
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 10:10:47 PM »

Looks amazing! And I second Oats, congratulations.

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »

I love the way those coins fall out of the chest like that and also congrats on Greenlit!

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 06:26:04 AM »

That grid pattern along the ground is understated but fantastic. Judging attack distances in an isometric melee combat game could be aggravating, but the squares around your player character help you understand how far the attacks will go. And they fit the art style. Brilliant! Good luck with all of it!  Beer!

craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 05:25:54 PM »

looks interesting, congratulations on being greenlit.
Thank you! It was totally wild! I hadn't looked up too much info about it before jumping into it. Kinda glad I didn't else I think I would have freaked out haha  Screamy Crazy Well, hello there!

Looks amazing! And I second Oats, congratulations.
Huzzah! :D Thank you! Smiley super pumped to be moving forward :D I thought I developed internet addiction for those few weeks haha Tongue

I love the way those coins fall out of the chest like that and also congrats on Greenlit!
By fall you mean EXPLODE?! haha :D thank you!! Awesome seeing you twitter also btw! :D  Coffee

That grid pattern along the ground is understated but fantastic. Judging attack distances in an isometric melee combat game could be aggravating, but the squares around your player character help you understand how far the attacks will go. And they fit the art style. Brilliant! Good luck with all of it!  Beer!
AHHH!! Fantastic eye!! :D so spot on. They were TOTALLY something that stuck in there from the prototype of the game (when it was basically minimal battle chess Tongue) but after taking them out for literally 5 minutes I was like "wait how come this feels so weird?!" Tongue I know I jumped over to your thread already, but your game is looking awesome!! :D

craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 05:49:44 PM »

Update # 5 - Fire Arrows, Forests, and Fighting High!!

Sorry about that last one, not what you think, but I wanted to make it 3 F's! Wink Been a busy weekish!

Fire!
I started integrating fire as an element, so the player can:
  • Be hurt by it
  • Hurt enemies with it
  • Shoot projectiles through it to add fire damage (and do Zelda puzzles?) Wink

Will (hopefully) add a system for it actually spreading too, that'll most likely happen at 3 a.m. sometime when I rationally decide to organize my physics materials Wink

Forests!

Just started blocking out how forest environments might feel, which has been really spooky/fun. I'm sure during they day they'll look less creepy. But for night time... keepin' the creep levels high.

Tread carefully, brave Warcube.

Arrows in the night Wink

Fighting High!

I've started adding in contextual places for the player to basically initiate an action sequence, but what it does it apply very general physics forces to them, so depending on what angle you hit these at, or speed etc, you'll probably get a slightly different effect :D makes it more skill oriented! (<-- total opinion) Tongue

BONUS
aaaaaaand here's a bonus of a whole bunch of archers firing arrows at the player/eachother.

NEXT UPDATE IS ALL ABOUT TRAPS

or weapon swapping... we'll see Wink

CRAIGZ :D

somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 08:03:27 PM »

Looks rad Smiley
Now I just want to set fire to that archers tower though Wink

I'd say, if the combo counter you showed on the last page is really important, it should be more prominent. I don't think you'll really notice it during combat in the corner. If you want the feeling of "oh, one more for the combo" you could try adding the combo counter to wherever you killed the last enemy.
just an idea. I'm personally never really a fan of combo counters in the first place ^^

@sominklein      WIP Story Exploration Game      WIP Weltenformer      Done CLIMB
craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »

Looks rad Smiley
Now I just want to set fire to that archers tower though Wink

I'd say, if the combo counter you showed on the last page is really important, it should be more prominent. I don't think you'll really notice it during combat in the corner. If you want the feeling of "oh, one more for the combo" you could try adding the combo counter to wherever you killed the last enemy.
just an idea. I'm personally never really a fan of combo counters in the first place ^^

AH! Sorry for crazy late reply, been in hermit mode :D  Coffee

TOTALLY agree about the combo counter Smiley going to try adding it above the character killed with a little transparency? :D

I'm personally not a huge combo person either, but I do like to SEE how many combo's I get sometimes, just not competitively Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic