Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:01:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFavorite horror game?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Favorite horror game?  (Read 2697 times)
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »

You do realize that Becky's game appeared years after the original, right? At that point Resident Evil was supposed to be a one shot. Of course she had a fucked up continuity. And apparently, she had no ammo in RE when confronted by the hunter (if my memory ain't messed up).

Using another police officer in 0 would make things weird. Maybe Kenneth would work, but then knowing that you played a future-to-be-killed character would be a major detractor.

Remember that she survived RE0 and RE1. It made sense to show her broken down and seeking refuge in the only mansion in the vicinity. She wouldn't know the mansion was overrun by zombie clones. Billy couldn't go because he had to get the hell out of there and bang someone's mother.

Yes, I liked the game. After that one, the series has turned to trash. Even RE4 is a bit caca.

Yeah.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 11:08:27 AM »

RE4 is my favorite RE.
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »

You do realize that Becky's game appeared years after the original, right? At that point Resident Evil was supposed to be a one shot. Of course she had a fucked up continuity. And apparently, she had no ammo in RE when confronted by the hunter (if my memory ain't messed up).

Using another police officer in 0 would make things weird. Maybe Kenneth would work, but then knowing that you played a future-to-be-killed character would be a major detractor.

Remember that she survived RE0 and RE1. It made sense to show her broken down and seeking refuge in the only mansion in the vicinity. She wouldn't know the mansion was overrun by zombie clones. Billy couldn't go because he had to get the hell out of there and bang someone's mother.

Yes, I liked the game. After that one, the series has turned to trash. Even RE4 is a bit caca.

I'm not talking about the situations themselves. I'm talking about how this could be fixed. It's OK that she went to that mansion. Well, she had to because of RE1. But her reaction could be different. I dunno, maybe a radio talk with someone from her team, or something like that. But "I'm gonna go there all alone" looks kinda stupid.
-----
About confrontation with hunter: maybe so. But then it's even more stupid that they always tried to split up as soon as possible in RE1. I understand that this is necessary for the genre, but there are plenty of details that could be changed in order to make more sense.
----
BTW, RE4 is not a horror, but it's a damn good game with thick atmosphere of hopelessness, interesting item management, solid gameplay and awesome cutscenes with good actor play. Smiley
Even RE5 is OK as a coop game. Boring if you have to play it alone. RE6 is garbage. Both coop and single player. I hope RE7 will make me crap my pants (but hell, I'm not gonna play this in VR - don't wanna die)
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 03:14:00 AM »

Again, man, you want to change a game after a prequel was made. The changes you propose were not possible at the time of RE's creation. Becky's character was just that. A paper thin character that was later developed in her own game.

Yes, if you play RE0 and then RE, her character has a weird development, but hell, I've played them when they were launched and have no problems with that. Changing her in RE to reflect her experience in RE0 would make a major rewrite in the plot a necessity. All in all, RE0 is possibly the only game that is completely optional to follow the story, so Becky and Billy are mere bystanders, which is a shame, really.

My favourite RE's are RE and then RE0. RE2 became a bit weird with the bosses and 3 was just Nemesis running around after the player. RE4 was a bit of refresher, but it started to move away from the basic premise of Resident Evil and now it has sentient non-zombies and all types of crap.

Yeah, I'll stop now.

Yeah.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 03:18:48 AM »

RE4 is not really horror, yes, but it's one of my favorite singleplayer shooters of all time. i don't really care if it's true to the series or not. only problem i have with it is having to open the menu to change weapons.
ArifRocks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2016, 04:38:03 AM »

I'd have to say the original PS1 version of Silent Hill. There was just something creepy about the whole atmosphere of that game. Also loved the old Phantasmagoria series on the PC.

Goblin Raiders - Protect your 8-bit pixel castle by dropping rocks on the enemy's heads!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic