Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:40:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativePokemon Game Maker(Idea)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Game Maker(Idea)  (Read 9391 times)
KarjamP
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:14:16 AM »

I have an idea for a game maker that I want to tell you. It is like RPG Maker, exept it can make pokemon games. It allows you to make any games using the features of any generation of pokemon(newer generations would be as a expantion pack), though you can expand it by using scripts. The templates won't be the actual pokemon games, because that could involve piracy. Sory about my spelling mistakes.
Evil-Ville
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:30:37 AM »

Excellent idea. How about a Super Mario Bros. maker too? That would go with the theme well
pgil
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 05:38:49 AM »

Awesome idea! Except it should make Sonic games too. And like, you can run wicked fast, andd collect rings and stuff! And run through some sweet loops.. And like, you can use graphics ripped from every sonic game, and maybe DOnkey Kong too. OMG someone should make a Donkey Kong vs. Sonic Game Maker!!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:42:02 AM by pgil » Logged
increpare
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »

that's really constructive, dudes.

I don't see that pokemon really departs enough from other jrpgs that something like rpgmaker wouldn't be a satisfactory solution for it. 

do you have experience in producing game-making tools?  If not, I'm feeling the easiest approach would be to have some pokemon-like rpgmaker template that people could modify as they wanted.
Renton
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:22:26 AM »

Stop acting like jackasses, you two.
Back on topic: I'm gonna have to agree with Stephen here. I'm pretty sure you can make a Pokemon game in one of the RPG Makers. They probably even have ready to use scripts for it.
pgil
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 09:39:05 AM »

Uh... Sorry about that.. The douchebaggy side of me took over  Embarrassed
genericuser
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »

A Pokemon RPG maker sounds a little too specialized- it sounds easier just to make an RPG Maker template, or just doing a ROM hack, even  Shrug
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »

You have to admit though, that such a tool would spawn numerous hilarious games. Think of the possibilities!  Durr...?
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 06:41:05 AM »

Maybe it should focus less on the actual Pokemons and more on the monster collecting genre. Although instead of writing a maker for that you should just write a solid monster collecting/battling engine in RPG Maker VX (or whatever) and publish that.

Uh, with "you" I mean generally anyone who'd attempt such a thing.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 07:14:35 AM »

I like the idea of a Pokemon game maker. It would be awesome if it was like Mugen i.e. all the pokeymans are compatible with all the other ones made by other people. Since you only need a few frames of animation for a pokemon, we would see a hell of a lot more characters produced than for Mugen.

I dream of seeing a battle readout that says something like "Edward Cullen uses Telepathy! It's super effective! Kamen Rider is knocked out!"

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »

"Edward Cullen uses Telepathy! It's super effective! Kamen Rider is knocked out!"

"RED sends out Edward Scissorhands! Edward Scissorhands used Cut!  It's super effective!  Edward Cullen uses Sparkle!  Vampire enthusiasts are confused!"

Renton
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:02 AM »

I'd buy that game just to be able to beat up Edward Cullen.
DrEnzyme
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »

I want to create Debatomon. I would be awesome:

Bob used Strawman! Bob created a Strawman using one quarter of his DP.
Fred used Rebuttle! It failed to penetrate the Strawman!
Bob used Pointed Observation! Sharp observations dig into Fred!
Fred used Red Herring!

Good work Fred. Come back!
GO! Magikarp!

"Prepare to meet your maker, wall!"
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:01:15 AM »

Does anybody remember that Polimon GIF that was floating around during the 08 election? I always thought a game like that would be fun as hell.
Renton
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 06:06:47 AM »

Added for reference
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 07:26:21 AM »

It's a decent idea, and one you'll never finish because of the sheer size and copyright issues of such a project.

increpare
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 08:16:36 AM »

i don't think there would be any issues whatsoever so long as no individual pokemon were copied.

anyway, i doubt the thread-initiator is following this any more, so.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »

pretty much every little kid i talk to wishes he could make up his own pokemon.

i think a simple virtual pet/battle system combined with a basic drawing app that would allow kids to draw and then raise and battle their creations would be great.

or if you combined a sporelike creature creator with a pokemon type rpg...

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic