Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:46:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Animated sprite commission for two characters
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Animated sprite commission for two characters  (Read 1127 times)
Johnnyrascal
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:29:08 AM »

I'm a professional software dev and I also do some hobby game development with a small but experienced team that's trying to break into the indie game scene. You can look us up here: http://teamdogpit.com/

I'm planning to quickly make a short, single level prototype for a side-scrolling rhythm-based RPG and I need to commission two character sprites at roughly 40x80px resolution with about 30 frames each. I'm flexible about the resolution and frame count, and if you need to split the sprites into separate layers for weapons or accessories that poke out of the frame that's fine too. I'm assuming the total cost would be about $300 and I'd prefer to send payment through PayPal.

Here's some example sprites of the Dojin soft visual style I'd like, they were made by a team member but she's too busy to make new art assets for the demo:

Both sprites are for teenage-ish kemonomimi girls in a contemporary fantasy setting. If possible and appropriate I'd like their clothing to be a little ridiculous in a kind of self-aware haute couture parody. For reference, look up music videos for Empire of the Sun, especially these two:

First character sprite is for a white girl with raccoon ears and a tail, a wooden sword, short reddish hair, and maybe dark raccoon-like circles around her eyes if the sprite resolution permits. She's the dirtiest fighter ever, and she dresses like a punk with a practical, rugged, and fairly modest outfit.
Something like these outifts but with less thigh showing and it should look like something she could wear while getting in a fight at a dive bar: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/07/article-2320524-19A6F423000005DC-463_634x1011.jpg
http://www.denimjeansobserver.com/mag/designer-denim-jeans-fashion/2014/southern-hemisphere/triton-2014-winter-inverno-womens-mulheres-desfiles-runway-sao-paulo-fashion-moda-brazil-destroyed-denim-jeans-embroidery-ruffles-sheer-grunge-rock-punk-bomber-03x.jpg

Here are the animations needed for this sprite:
Running (5-6 frames): Should be closer to a jog than a sprint and should look somewhat leisurely and not girly at all. Sword should be not present
Standing (1 frame): Standing still without a weapon, should be able to transition to and from Running and Drawing Sword
Drawing Sword (3-4 frames): Character draws her wooden sword from out of nowhere as a transition between Standing and Idle
Idle (3-4 frames): Combat idle, character sways back and forth slightly with sword held in an aggressive stance either diagonally up or diagonally down, ready to strike rather than to parry
Cheering (4-5 frames): Character raises her first and lowers her sword while shouting. Her facial expression should look aggressive but pleased, like she's congratulating her partner for beating the crap out of a monster
Attacking (4-5 frames): Dashing forward with her feet off the ground for one frame, then slashing once with her sword while taking a single step forward. Feel free to ignore the 40x80px restriction if neeed, especially for this animation
Parry ( 2 frames): Character brings her sword in and up to a defensive stance
Flinch (2 frames): Character takes a step back while turning her head and reeling as though from a gut punch. Sword stays in mostly the same position as Idle
Fainting (2-3 frames): Character falls to one knee, then falls to the ground face-down but slightly to the side. Sword is either not present or falls and sticks into the ground beside her

Second character sprite is for a black girl with rabbit ears and a tail, a paintball gun, long straight black hair, and maybe glasses if the sprite resolution permits. She's the spazziest gunsligher ever, and she wears shorts, a t-shirt, and some kind of scarf or sash that flows behind her to emphasize her movement when she's evading and backflipping around. She should show off a bit more skin with an exposed midriff and/or a sleeveless shirt.
Something kinda like these outfits but with a scarf or sash or maybe some long hair ribbons:
http://images0.chictopia.com/photos/wickedying/5811767749/magenta-sleeveless-blazer-teal-denim-shorts-bubble-gum-lace-top_400.jpg
http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/109at6-l-610x610-tank--crop-white-shorts-sleeveless-high+waisted+shorts-denim+shorts-jewels-sunglasses.jpg

Here are the animations needed for this sprite:
Running (5-6 frames): This animation should be cute, kind of bouncy, and very girly. Gun should not be present
Standing (1 frame): Standing still without a weapon, should be able to transition to and from Running and Drawing Gun
Drawing Gun (3-4 frames): Character draws her paintball gun from out of nowhere as a transition between Standing and Idle
Idle (3-4 frames): Combat idle with gun held out and down a little while she hops from one foot to the other with one or two frames of her with both feet on the ground
Cheering (4-5 frames): Character hops up and down while clapping her hands and shouting. Her facial expression should look delighted and supportive
Attacking (3-4 frames): Character raises her gun and fires a single shot with some visible recoil
Evade (3-4 frames): Character either backflips or twirls back and away while coming to a sliding halt during the last frame
Flinch (2 frames): Character takes a step back while looking down and bringing her hands and gun up to shield herself
Fainting (2-3 frames): Character wobbles and loses her balance, then faceplants and lies completely face-down
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic