Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:08:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingShadow Sync - flash puzzle game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shadow Sync - flash puzzle game  (Read 559 times)
qingyf
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »

My group is working on a flash game and we are looking for people to give it a try! Have a break from your Monday and play our game! Control your character and his dark world shadow to collect light sources and solve the puzzles Wink. Hope you all enjoy your play and any suggestions/comments are definitely welcomed!

You and your dark shadow want to make it to the end of the level. Your shadow movement mirrors your actions. Along the way press buttons, pick up light orbs, and maneuver around enemies. Try not to die. Beat your previous times. This is a puzzle-platformer with 16 levels. Try to get all 3 stars for each level. Now enjoy.

Link:
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/projects/cse481d/16sp/games/ShadowSync/ShadowSync.swf
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »

Nice little game, beat all the levels. Even though each level is very short you might want to add in checkpoints for when you die just b/c it avoids needless repetition. Good job.

AlphaOG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »

This game is actually a great idea, after finishing this one, I would love for there to be a 3d version, I think that would be awesome
eerr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 01:26:01 AM »

Excellent videogame.
Gives me some Outer World vibe.
Is there a prize for earning three stars on every level?
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 03:49:19 PM »

Played through it, here are some notes:

-The jump could use a bit of tweaking.  Maybe give it a bit more air-time.  Also, give the player a different animation when they're in the air, as well as a jumping sound effect.
-The player's hitbox seems to be a bit bigger than the sprite, so I tried to make a jump from the side underneath a platform, and hit the platform.
-In level 4, when the player presses the button, the platform immediately starts moving away from them.  It should start a bit further away and move towards them so that there's time to catch it immediately after pressing the button, so that, if the player acts quickly, they don't have to wait for the platform to slowly come back.
-The end-level portal should be more clearly visible in the bottom half of the screen
-If you can, try to find a font that doesn't have anti-aliasing on it, as it looks bad at that level of zoom (the grey edges around the text)
-The plus and minus balls also changing your position is a bit confusing.  Although I guess it leads to some interesting puzzles.
-I'd want to see less of the early levels (a lot of the levels between 1 and 10 seemed to more be tutorials than actual puzzles) and more level's like 11-16.
-Which platforms can become moving platforms should be more visibly apparent.  As should the buttons which stay pressed and the buttons which are only pressed when something is on them (they should be green and blue or red, rather than dark green and light green)

Anyway, not a bad start.  The reflected platforming mechanic is something I've seen many times before, but you bring some new twists to it and some pretty clever puzzles.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic