Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:46:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCyberpunk Jam 2! - Discussion Thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk Jam 2! - Discussion Thread  (Read 1281 times)
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2016, 03:13:04 AM »

I've recently been looking for people to hire and I came across a small studio. I was looking at their portfolio and noticed a cyberpunk looking game. I followed it's links and then remembered the Cyberpunk Jam from about 2 years ago. I remember making a game for it, then taking it down. I thought about that game a bit more and thought about how to have an excuse to work on it again. So I thought, why not start another cyberpunk jam? It's been two years since the last one. And it'd be a perfect excuse to work on the game again.

The only problem is how to gauge interest. I have very little audience so it's hard to get feedback on anything. Let alone a jam idea. So I started a twitter poll and got, surprisingly, low, but fairly positive feedback, a rare thing for me. So that means there's some interest.

But how much actually is there?

I realize the individual to start the first one had a lot of influence that I don't have. And sadly, I can't get in touch with them for help. But I do know some people who are interested in helping. The only problem I'm wondering is participation.

As far as schedule is concerned, I'm giving a rough guess of very late summer. To be a length of about 6 days.

Is there anyone interested? If you have any positive ideas to help the event, let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts on this idea!

Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »

I'm interested; I've been leaning towards more electronic and fusion scores lately. Cyberpunk styling would be a perfect outlet for that!
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:36:12 AM »

All righty cool! Would you be interested in helping promote the jam too?

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:21:22 PM »

That jam was very great with a lot of quality games. I didn't take part of that one, but I could make a game for this one if it happens.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 10:58:07 PM »

I'd definitely be interested in this one! I can also do my best to help with promotion, if you need it.
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »

I'd definitely be interested in this one! I can also do my best to help with promotion, if you need it.

Yes, I do need help promoting it. That would be very cool of anyone interested in taking part!

I'm currently setting up the itchio page for now. The idea is for the Jam to take place early July. If you intend on sharing, please share on twitter with the gamedev, cyberpunk, and cyberpunk2 hash tags. Or contact anyone you might know who took part in the first one that another one is being set up should they feel inclined to make another.

Many thanks for your help promoting it if you do!

SquareFrameMusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:07:42 PM »

Count me in.
I'm a composer based in Melbourne Australia.
I can also spread the word on twitter although my reach isn't huge. Smiley

Az.

Game Composer. Emotive original music that blurs the line between digital and organic.
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 08:06:18 AM »

It doesn't matter how big or little your reach is, it's probably better then mine! :D

Anyway, I've created the itchio jam page page here:

https://itch.io/jam/cyberpunkjam2

Please join if you wanted to join and do please share!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic