Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:35:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWill Glow the Wisp
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Will Glow the Wisp  (Read 7777 times)
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 03:24:06 AM »

Will Glow the Wisp - Devlog 24 - How to stay motivated
In this episode, I talk about all the work that went into the online features of Will Glow the Wisp and how I try to stay motivated. In addition i give a shout-out to all the people who help me stay motivated.

PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 07:00:18 AM »

Will Glow the Wisp - Devlog 25 - Level Design
In this episode i go over how i approach level design in Will Glow the Wisp. Hope you enjoy Wink

PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 09:20:27 AM »

This is the preliminary soundtrack of my upcoming game "Will Glow the Wisp", it would be great if you could tell me if these songs are consistent, in my experience it is pretty hard to get right, if you rely on royalty free music as I do. Thanks in advance.

https://soundcloud.com/nikolas-crisci/sets/will-glow-the-wisp-soundtrack-preview
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 12:39:15 PM »

We are now on Steam Greenlight please

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:53:57 AM by PartTimeIndie » Logged
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 03:54:42 AM »

Sorry guys, I put the wrong link to greenlight. Just fixed that.
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2017, 03:06:53 AM »

A Letsplay video where you get to see all the levels that are right now available and the stuff we still want to do. Feedback would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:48:30 AM by PartTimeIndie » Logged
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 03:29:17 AM »

I like the dynamic nature of the graphics style. Nicely done!

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 03:49:51 AM »

Thanks alot, comments like that help to keep me motivated.   Beer!

If any of you guys want to support us please to to greenlight and vote Wink
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »

Will Glow the Wisp - Devlog 26 - Working on Movement Controls
In this episode I am working on the movement controls of the player. I explain in depths how the current state came to be and what I want to improve.

PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 11:39:44 PM »

I will be going to Germandevdays if anyone is there come and say hi
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

Finally Will Glow the Wisp is on Steam. You can not yet buy the game, but if you could add it to your Wishlist, that would be great. I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, comments or helped in any other way, you guys are awesome and the game wouldn't be where it is now without you. I will also try to get into the habbit of updating this forum entry more often, it decreased because of the time investment (As you probably know I am doing this part time). Anyway thanks again for all you help and here is the link to the Steampage.
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »

I am going to give a talk at the 3. Indie Outpost in Würzburg, about what I learned by developing "Will Glow the Wisp". I will go into several topics I already discussed in my youtube videos, but with a better perspective. If you are intersted in Level Design, Movement Mechanics or just indie development / marketing in general why not join us.
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 04:40:46 AM »

Just finished our new Trailer for "Will Glow the Wisp". Tell me what you think, any feedback is appreciated!

If you like it and did not add us to your wish list yet, please do Wink
http://store.steampowered.com/app/640890/Will_Glow_the_Wisp/

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 05:28:07 AM »

The end is pretty abrupt. You could fade out the music at the end and put your logo and the steam link in the video. Like this, for example:

Everything else looks very good. Smiley
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »

Thanks alot for the very detailed feedback. The fade out I will surely do, but the direct link I can not do because I do not have a payed youtube account. At least to my knowledge it is not possible without that, am I right?

Thanks again for the effort you put in (espacally the picture)  Smiley
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 11:02:36 PM »

I never uploaded a video to youtube, i thought annotations would be possible for everyone (but i have no idea).

Found this on the topic:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7342737 about annotations
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6388789 about end screens

From the second link:
Add an end screen.

1. Sign in to the your YouTube account.
2. In the top right, click your account icon > Creator Studio.
3. In the left menu, select Video Manager > Videos.
4. For the video you want to add the end screen to, click Edit.
5. In the top tab bar, click End screen.
[...]

What your end screen can show

[...]
Approved websites: Link to your associated website or to approved merchandise and crowdfunding websites. The end screen will show the website's image by default, but you can provide a title and select a call-to-action.
[...]

Steam is included in the approved retailers list.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:08:17 PM by Zorg » Logged
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 12:11:51 AM »

Yea annotations I know how to do, I just did not know that there is a list of websites, I can link to. Will defenatly try if thats possible. Awesome thanks again for your help Smiley
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »

You are welcome. Please tell us if the end screen worked for you (i wanna know, too). Smiley
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »

So it is by no means perfect, but I was able to do it. I updated the trailer for now, but I am going to do a new one later with all the fixes in. So apparently youtube updated their system and you can not use annotations anymore, but now you can add links and everything. There's one catch for me at least, they have a strong opinion about a) how the stuff should be formatted and b) you need to also add at least 1 link to a video, which makes the trailer does not look perfect. I am still unsure if I should keep it with the link in the end or not. For next time I will definatly keep all that in mind and create the video in such a way that all these things can be added later and it still looks nice. If you want to see, I updated the version of the trailer for now (As I said I probably change it back, because I do not like the look.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 10:29:49 PM »

In my opinion, the Steam link looks okay-ish. My idea was: if you get some press coverage and the trailer would be included in the article, the link would be included in the video, which is good. But to be forced to add another video link is just dumb. What if the users follow the link and miss the call-to-action? Why, YouTube, whyyy? Sad
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic