Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:38:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Seeker - 0.05 / Greenlight
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Seeker - 0.05 / Greenlight  (Read 560 times)
VisualTech48
Level 0

Demented Logo

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »

The Seeker

Hello everyone!

Currently after 2 and a half months of developing The Seeker, I've reached a moment where I must ask You, good people from all over the world, to set which game elements should I keep and which to discard. Thus asking here for your most valued feedback that would conclude and shape the game to your suggestions.

About the game:
You, as the little abandoned drone called: The Seeker, are waken up many years after the Great Galactic War in a simple quest of finding your owner. This 3D Adventure/Horror game is inspired by Affordable Space Adventures, which was all about exploring in an unknown areas rather than just finishing the mare goal. Just like ASA, you have to avoid enemies, turrets, alarms and other things seeking to destroy you in this SCI-Fi environment.

Gameplay:
Through the game you'll encounter various barriers; Other drones, alarm systems, etc. That will try to slice you in more pieces, the better. You, The Seeker, need
to find the exit out of this man made hell, you'll collect points, enjoy the scenery and the music that caputures the essence and the beauty of destruction intertwined
with human and robotic leftovers.

Video Trailer:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1fo8pueuf8v8k0/The_Seeker_005.rar?dl=0

Controls (There is a tutorial in game):
Basic and simple.
- W/S/A/D - To move
- Mouse click - To open doors
- Press F - Flashlight
- Press Q - Power Source (Green Light)
- Space   - Decoy

Keep in mind: To successfully hide, you need to disable both your lights!
More Images:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:33:09 AM by VisualTech48 » Logged

Fear of the unknow.
AlphaOG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »

I think the concept of this game is a good idea, if you keep updating this game often it will be a great game.
I found so many bugs it was crazy, especially ones where you fall out of the map and start over again.
I think the game was in too early release to send to the public.
Fix the bugs and add a save mechanic and ill play again.
VisualTech48
Level 0

Demented Logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:07:29 AM »

I think the concept of this game is a good idea, if you keep updating this game often it will be a great game.
I found so many bugs it was crazy, especially ones where you fall out of the map and start over again.
Thank you for your kind words, the saving implementation is on the way, already done with the saving options, now going to the player soon :D

Sorry that you experienced such bugs, but if I may ask could you write the other bugs you encountered so I can fix them as soon as possible?

Thanks again!

Fear of the unknow.
AlphaOG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:01:49 AM »

Thank you for your kind words, the saving implementation is on the way, already done with the saving options, now going to the player soon :D

Sorry that you experienced such bugs, but if I may ask could you write the other bugs you encountered so I can fix them as soon as possible?

Thanks again!
No problem, I have enabled notifications so I can stay updated
VisualTech48
Level 0

Demented Logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »

No more player going through walls would be the first thing I want to say. Also the AI is a lot smarter now but range has been nerf.

The game now saves, for the player, only level progress (on which level you last played) is saving as still more work needs to be done on the concept

The second biggest thing is that now enemies are awake from the start. Not all but as you trigger an alarm more will come, and even if you don't get spotted they are on high alert with massive range and speed.
Their damage now scales with time. The more they are sawing you the more damage they do.

Turret damage increased as well.

And a lot of other things:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yte9pd6u1zug4bx/The_Seeker_003.rar?dl=0

Fear of the unknow.
VisualTech48
Level 0

Demented Logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 05:35:33 AM »

Hi everyone I finally made the trailer and also the game is on Greenlight so please do check it out if you want :D
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672019060

Thanks in advance

Video Trailer:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1fo8pueuf8v8k0/The_Seeker_005.rar?dl=0

Fear of the unknow.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic